Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puros alternative that doesn't kill coils ?

Options
  • 20-04-2014 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

2 months vaping now and 2 days short of 2 months looking for an alternative that gives me more than a day per coil.
    Problem is that I can't find anything that comes close. Tried quite a few of the usual suspects - nothing matches the flavour. Tried 4 different tanks / clearos - coils all burnt to s#it within 2 days max. So question for all ye tobacco / cigar flavour lovers out there... Has anyone found the holy grail yet ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Shinobollo wrote: »
    2 months vaping now and 2 days short of 2 months looking for an alternative that gives me more than a day per coil.
    Problem is that I can't find anything that comes close. Tried quite a few of the usual suspects - nothing matches the flavour. Tried 4 different tanks / clearos - coils all burnt to s#it within 2 days max. So question for all ye tobacco / cigar flavour lovers out there... Has anyone found the holy grail yet ?

What about a cheap dripper with microcoil and cotton? Easily the best option for these juices.

When it gets gunked up remove cotton and then dryburn the coil and rinse with water. Replace cotton and vape on. Beats buying replacement coils.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Cheers Moolers. I'm essentially a lazy ba$tard so dripping seems like too much hard work tbh. Anyway herself and the kids reckon I spend most of my time messing about with bits n pieces already. First thing I look at normally when I look at clearos etc is capacity - the more the better within reason.
    Still haven't got round to rebuilding although I have cleaned, dry-burned and reused coils (about 50% success - ie without burning the sh1t out of them).
    So I'm hoping to find the ideal juice before going down the RBA / Dripping route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Cheers Moolers. I'm essentially a lazy ba$tard so dripping seems like too much hard work tbh. Anyway herself and the kids reckon I spend most of my time messing about with bits n pieces already. First thing I look at normally when I look at clearos etc is capacity - the more the better within reason.
    Still haven't got round to rebuilding although I have cleaned, dry-burned and reused coils (about 50% success - ie without burning the sh1t out of them).
    So I'm hoping to find the ideal juice before going down the RBA / Dripping route.

I remember thinking something similar. Drip every time you want a vape...madness. But you actually mess around with stuff a lot less IMO. You build a coil that can last for weeks if not months, swap out the cotton every 2 or 3 days.....simple! ! Flavor and vapor is multiple times better than any clearo and cheaper also.Win Win. Give it a bash you might be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I use the tobacco flavours from oksmokey. Completely different to the HOL stuff but doesn't kill your coils. It is lovely stuff and I liken it to how rolling tobacco smells. I'd recommend the old Holburn double strength or golden Virginia double strength. They're named slightly differently but easy to tell which is which. They are the only liquid to this day that I went "wow" when I tried it for the first time. Tbh I think the HOL stuff overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I use an Aspire Nautilus and easily get a week out of each coil, usin about 5-7 ml of juice per day

• Advertisement

JH_raheny wrote: »
    I use an Aspire Nautilus and easily get a week out of each coil, usin about 5-7 ml of juice per day

Surprised to hear about the Nautilus. I've tried Aspire bdc, iclear16, smok aro and the aerotank.Found The Aspire to be easily the worst for clogging up (a day or two fills at best) For liquids, I've tried a couple of hangsens, cigarillos, and halo juices along with any testers I could get ny hands on so far but nothing has come close. Bought some Liqua French pipe today so we'll see how that goes.

I remember thinking something similar. Drip every time you want a vape...madness. But you actually mess around with stuff a lot less IMO. You build a coil that can last for weeks if not months, swap out the cotton every 2 or 3 days.....simple! ! Flavor and vapor is multiple times better than any clearo and cheaper also.Win Win. Give it a bash you might be surprised.

I'll bear that in mind when I'm feeling a bit braver thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I went off Liqua French pipe and Turkish as my daily vapes a few months ago and have been vaping their Cuban Cigar since. I'd get weeks out of the heads on my Kanger T2 obn all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

TinCool wrote: »
    I use the tobacco flavours from oksmokey. Completely different to the HOL stuff but doesn't kill your coils. It is lovely stuff and I liken it to how rolling tobacco smells. I'd recommend the old Holburn double strength or golden Virginia double strength. They're named slightly differently but easy to tell which is which. They are the only liquid to this day that I went "wow" when I tried it for the first time. Tbh I think the HOL stuff overrated.

They have changed names on their brands, is that now called Autumn Leaves ?

dePeatrick wrote: »
    They have changed names on their brands, is that now called Autumn Leaves ?

Old Holbourne is "Old H" and Golden Virginia is "Virginia Gold". I always go with the double flavoured versions.

Autumn Leaves is Amber Leaf in reality.

To be fair, the base liquid for all of these is the same, there's slight variations in taste. I find the Old H to be stronger in taste than the Virginia Gold. I'm using 11mgs in a kayfun lite which suits me perfectly. I'm due an an order of 50mls of both today. That's all I vape these days apart from a bit of enjuice spearmint from time to time for a change.

• Advertisement

Calibos wrote: »
    I went off Liqua French pipe and Turkish as my daily vapes a few months ago and have been vaping their Cuban Cigar since. I'd get weeks out of the heads on my Kanger T2 obn all of them.

I've gone through through a few bottles of their cuban cigar. It's real nice but the smell of the liquid carries quite a bit as it's more pungent than the others.

Advertisement