Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a circular saw blade for my Hitachi C9U2

Options
  • 19-04-2014 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

I've had my Hitachi C9U2 circular saw for 8 months, its got a 235mm / 9inch blade and is a great saw for the work I am doing with it. Its used to cut 80mm x 80mm lengths into short pieces for firewood. Only problem is theres lots of nails to avoid in the timber so I pick my way very carefully. But its time for a new blade as I've only one good tooth left on the hitachi blade that came with the saw (bit disappointed at how easy this damage was done as my old skilsaw blade put up a sterner fight against the same thing and lasted way longer).
    So what I'm asking is this. Is there a good blade out there for a bit extra money what will handle a few nails, it has to be 235mm as I dont want to go for 230 blades and loose those vital few mms. Funny how Mcquillans in Blanch where I bought the saw could only offer me a 230 blade, seems crazy to fork out 260 euro (its 290 now) for a big bladed saw and then knock 5ml off the diameter on the next blade I put on it.

Advertisement