Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual monitors and loss of picture quality

Options
  • 19-04-2014 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

I have a Acer Aspire V5 laptop that I use as a desktop. It has a VGA and HDMI that I have connected to two Samsung Syncmaster B2230 monitors. Problem is that when both monitors are connected I lose picture quality on the VGA, but if I disconnect the HDMI then the picture quality is perfect. I assume this is something to do with the graphics card but wondering if there is a workaround that anyone is aware of?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Does the resolution drop on the VGA monitor when you connect the second? In general, VGA and digital side by side shows a slight blurry effect to the VGA display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Does the resolution drop on the VGA monitor when you connect the second? In general, VGA and digital side by side shows a slight blurry effect to the VGA display.

That's right, do you know how to improve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Windows? Right click on some empty space on the desktop, go to screen resolution. Make sure the screens are at max when both are plugged in.

Advertisement