Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Package Swap

Options
  • 19-04-2014 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭

So I came across this today........ http://allaboutveganfood.com/swap-package

From the site....

What is Vegan Package Swap?

It is a international project where you swap packages with other people. It is a vegan swap which means all goodies in the packages MUST be vegan, so NO MEAT, FISH, MILK, EGGS, HONEY or any other animal-derived substances such as gelatine.

How does it work?

Vegan Package Swap works in 7 simple steps:
    1 – Register to the website;
    2 – Login between the 3rd and 5th of each month you want to take part and joint it/confirm your participation;
    3 – Get your details on the 7th or login in the website to check them if you don’t get an email;
    4 – Communicate with your pair;
    5 – Prepare your package with goodies up to $20 (or 15 Euro or equivalent in other currency) and send it until the 15th;
    6 – Wait for your package to arrive;
    7 – Enjoy your goods (and rate your swap!)

What do you guys think of this initiative? I think it sounds really cool, not unlike the gift swaps on reddit. I might try it when I'm feeling a little more eh flush.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Certainly something I would like to try out at some point, it would be quite exciting getting vegan gift packages from around the world tbh, and it's not to dear so ye can try it now and again for the laugh. Nothing like the excitement of surprise deliveries!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Certainly something I would like to try out at some point, it would be quite exciting getting vegan gift packages from around the world tbh, and it's not to dear so ye can try it now and again for the laugh. Nothing like the excitement of surprise deliveries!

ye you have the option to receive stuff from your own country or another country, so you can somewhat control how much you're spending on shipping, not sure if you can pick and choose.

VeganExchange on reddit is also similar....
    Do you have any vegan items or services you need? Or any vegan items or services you want to Exchange,
    Sell
    Or
    Give Away
    to your fellow redditors?
    Post up what you need or would like to swap with fellow vegans

What items would you say are exclusive to Ireland? or perhaps Ireland and the UK since a lot of our stuff overlaps. For The Netherlands I can think of vegan stroopwafels, Ontbijtkoek (a spiced breakfast cake), lots of hagelslag are vegan (sort of toast things with sprinkles on them), kruidnoten (those tiny ginger cookies that come out at Christmas), there's lots of things that are very specific to certain times of the year, also non-food items ofc. I can think of a few posters here now that are in other countries also.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Maybe not exclusive to Ireland but I wouldn't say too many people have had v-pud, the vegan pudding. Also the nice seitan teriyaki/satay strips from down to earth and so on. I'd say there a re a few things in there in particular. And um nice potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

ye I have never seen the nakd bars here. I guess I usually bring back jelly tots and starburst from Ireland so those would be good.

Advertisement