Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identifying US troops serving abroad ?

Options
  • 19-04-2014 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭

I'm working in a project which will include supplying product to US troops serving abroad at a heavily discounted price, however the issue I'm having is how to identify those serving abroad, from those serving at home.

Do the ones abroad have any specific Shipping PO number or zip codes ?

Thanks. Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I suspect if anyone on here knows, you guys will.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Is it cars or protein you are selling? :)

This sounds a bit weird. Is this something you intend to do or currently have permission for?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

No Cars, No Protein :)

I'm contracting for someone so can't say much about the project or the product at all I'm afraid other than its a consumer product going on sale in the US.

OU812 wrote: »
    No Cars, No Protein :)

I'm contracting for someone so can't say much about the project at all I'm afraid

That's grand but are you sure that the troops are not currently getting the product from someone else?

Have you researched if what you are doing is actually allowed? Some places can be 'funny' about direct mailing overseas bases.

I would suggest contacting the American Embassy before you attempt this venture. At least if you have been in contact with them, they do their checks and will either give you the addresses and POC's (unlikely tbh).

Best case scenario, they will forward on your contact details / product offer to the bases and see if anyone wants it.

Or use Google and see what happens.

Scratch that, I see your edit.

Maybe Manic Moran can provide a better insight.

That's grand but are you sure that the troops are not currently getting the product from someone else?

New product, Currently not being produced.
    Have you researched if what you are doing is actually allowed? Some places can be 'funny' about direct mailing overseas bases.

There's no restrictions on the product or what goes into it.
    I would suggest contacting the American Embassy before you attempt this venture. At least if you have been in contact with them, they do their checks and will either give you the addresses and POC's (unlikely tbh).

Not my venture, I'm just working on it.
    Best case scenario, they will forward on your contact details / product offer to the bases and see if anyone wants it.

Will do this on Tuesday, Thanks.
    Or use Google and see what happens.

Can't find the info needed

• Advertisement

Best of luck with it, hope it all works out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

You can ask for a scan of their IDs and an email from an appropriate service email, one that will have @mail.mil or similar suffix. That is the standard method used by most companies doing Pro-deals to military personnel.

As to the serving overseas part, they would most likely have an APO address, details of which you can look up here, for example https://www.usps.com/ship/apo-fpo-guidelines.htm

Very helpful. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

go on tell us what your selling??

Unfortunately I can't. I'm working at an advanced pre-production stage & am contracted to them for a while yet & under a non disclosure agreement. It's interesting though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

OU812 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I can't. I'm working at an advanced pre-production stage & am contracted to them for a while yet & under a non disclosure agreement. It's interesting though.
    could you offer your product for sale to irish troops??

* Not my product

I think the plan is that it'll be available worldwide after year one, but they're going into the US first.

Advertisement