Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardies club.

Options
  • 18-04-2014 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

As the new owner of a boards jersey(well second hand),do boardies meet up and go for organised spins?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

bazzamac wrote: »
    As the new owner of a boards jersey(well second hand),do boardies meet up and go for organised spins?

First step is to organise the next gear order

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭bazzamac

Got a beautiful top from you this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

bazzamac wrote: »
    .....do boardies meet up and go for organised spins?
    Yes, but only open to those who purchased their gear through boards.ie primary orders.

(In exceptional cases, other Boardsies possessing dubiously acquired kit, may be invited along if they can prove that they are worthy - e.g. do Kilmashogue Lane in the big ring).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Used to happen fairly regularly. Don't know why but not any more. I think a lot of boardies have joined clubs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Any boardies that I used to cycle with are now all cycling in clubs. Same as myself really.

• Advertisement

snollup wrote: »
    Used to happen fairly regularly. Don't know why but not any more. I think a lot of boardies have joined clubs now.

Maybe when the café(discussed this week on boards) opens we could organise a spin to it,wherever it is!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

There's a member who has organised a few 100k spins recently on Sundays. Id look out for them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

There were regular spins, Southside, from Dundrum "in the beginning". Up a dozen or more would turn up, say 5-6 years ago.
    Fizzled out somewhat with, as mentioned, club joinings.
    I tried to get some going again from Dundrum a few? years ago with limited success.............too early........too late.......wrong day blah blah.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

The "Evil" seems to be the annual Boards outing now with a big turnout.
    ;)

Planet X wrote: »
    There were regular spins, Southside, from Dundrum "in the beginning". Up a dozen or more would turn up, say 5-6 years ago.
    Fizzled out somewhat with, as mentioned, club joinings.
    I tried to get some going again from Dundrum a few? years ago with limited success.............too early........too late.......wrong day blah blah.

Might just post a day or two prior to a spin and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The cycle against cancer for LPB was probably the nearest thing to a boards.ie cycle lately.
    Planet X wrote: »
    The "Evil" seems to be the annual Boards outing now with a big turnout.
    ;)
    I'd imagine a lot of regular boardsies would wince at that. Something like 4,000m of climbing! haven't had the guts to try it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

The cycle against cancer for LPB was probably the nearest thing to a boards.ie cycle lately.

I'd imagine a lot of regular boardsies would wince at that. Something like 4,000m of climbing! haven't had the guts to try it myself.

Would be no bother to you boss.

A chunk of the people I cycle with I met directly or indirectly through Boards.

Nearly all of them are in clubs now.

But I reckon there is a critical mass of newish members that would make it worth organising a few spins OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

The weather had been very dry. The 'roads' around North County. are very dry and dusty.
    North County '100' hasnt been run in a while.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

bcmf wrote: »
    The weather had been very dry. The 'roads' around North County. are very dry and dusty.

You appear to be hinting at something?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Be awesome if it wasn't too far from a dart station and the south side dwellers could get there without adding too much to the spin...

Well I believe the last one was a success and someone must have a Garmin record of it.
    Am on the fone so can't be arsed looking for the thread.

From recollection on the last one a group met at the Northern edge of Swords and then we all met up further North.
    The nearest dart would be Howth.

From recollection on the last one a group met at the Northern edge of Swords and then we all met up further North.

That'd work :D

Leave it with me and I will see if detones will organise it. He was texting me yesterday that he had soooooo much time off work (civil servant ya know) that he was looking for something to take up his time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Nearest Dart would be Malahide.

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    Nearest Dart would be Malahide.
    True that. Well done young Raam.Now get off the computer/fone and chase those cats outta the garden,

Here is the last thread:
    Give detones something to work from..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84988432

Oh excitement! The first dart that leaves the south side on a Sunday gets to Malahide at 10.39. Too late in the day to start?

Advertisement