Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find the best young programmers?

• 18-04-2014 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I am looking to find where all the best young programmers meet up to show off their skills and work on projects in a group atmosphere? Or where is the best place to find them online?

Reason being is i have a really cool project im working on, an a brand new concept that involves fundraising with online gaming. So jQuery would probably be the main skill needed. Some off the shelf software can be bought and tweaked.

If the person just wants money for their work and be done with it thats fine im anxious to get started. Ideally though it would be great to find someone who would have a long term involvment and have a stake in the eventual company.

Also it would look great on any CV, my last business/website had over 6000 products and was the largest of its kind in Ireland. With this project i have a lot more funding and the backing of some influential people.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Why do they have to be young? Just curious...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭RedXIV

you could try a gamejam? they show up every once in a while.

Maybe this would suit you a bit better?

http://pubstandards.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hisense

Boskowski wrote: »
    Why do they have to be young? Just curious...

I like the the thought of working with someone who has not been moulded by a company. Also someone older may have more commitents with family etc...

By the way i am 30 and still count myself as young.

RedXIV wrote: »
    you could try a gamejam? they show up every once in a while.

Maybe this would suit you a bit better?

Thank you. Where would one find out about upcoming gamejams?

Link looks good. Do many people attend do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭RedXIV

hisense wrote: »
    Thank you. Where would one find out about upcoming gamejams?

Link looks good. Do many people attend do you know?

http://www.gamedevelopers.ie/ would be where I listen out for gamejams usually.

pubstandards is very popular. wouldn't be the best place to do a presentation but good place to network alright

• Advertisement

[quote

pubstandards is very popular. wouldn't be the best place to do a presentation but good place to network alright[/quote]

Great there is a gamejam in limerick tomorrow i am going to try to attend.

Your a great help.

Advertisement