Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reportage style photographer munster area

Options
  • 18-04-2014 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭

Just getting started with wedding planning- have venue almost settled on, but we're waiting to confirm a definite date at the moment. While we wait, I'm researching my photographers.
    Ideally, we would love a reportage style photographer -at least I would- my oh hates cameras and photos, and if he had his way, he'd have no photos! Because he dislikes cameras so much, I know we need someone he won't notice. I'd like lots of natural photos, very few posed ones.

I've looked online, and I've come across a few photographers whose work I love (aspect photography, sosac, David mclelland to name a few). I've contacted the ones I've come across, for prices, and availability for a couple of dates were thinking of, but I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations of reportage style photographers in case I've missed one!!My photos are very important to me, so I'm keen to do my research very thoroughly!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We also want reportage style, and since my fiancé is a semi-professional photographer, he was extremely picky. We wanted Dave McClelland but he wasn't free on our date, so we've gone with Moat Hill Photography. They're based in Dublin but travel all over for weddings (and don't charge for travel). Our wedding is in Cork. Our second choice, if Moat Hill hadn't been free, was http://www.poppiesandme.ie/ who're Limerick-based. I think they might charge for travel or accommodation, but maybe you can haggle on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Faith wrote: »
    We also want reportage style, and since my fiancé is a semi-professional photographer, he was extremely picky. We wanted Dave McClelland but he wasn't free on our date, so we've gone with Moat Hill Photography. They're based in Dublin but travel all over for weddings (and don't charge for travel). Our wedding is in Cork. Our second choice, if Moat Hill hadn't been free, was http://www.poppiesandme.ie/ who're Limerick-based. I think they might charge for travel or accommodation, but maybe you can haggle on that.

Thanks faith. Those two are exactly the style I'm looking for - nice to have ones to add to the list. One of our potential dates is New Year's Eve, but I think I'm going to be too late for a lot of the popular photographers. I've only contacted a couple so far, but they're booked up, since it's obviously such a popular day for weddings. It's one reason why I think I'll end up getting married on some random Saturday in January instead. I don't want to compromise on photographer (and a band might be tricky too I suppose!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Martin Bedford based in Clare. Reasonably priced

It is tricky when you have a really clear idea of what you want. We booked the photographers 16/17 months before our wedding and David McClelland was already booked up by then, and so was our first choice of bands. And the band we went with then is costing us a bloody fortune because we have such a specific idea of what we want! When I look at the budget, I really wish we were less picky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

It is tricky when you have a really clear idea of what you want. We booked the photographers 16/17 months before our wedding and David McClelland was already booked up by then, and so was our first choice of bands. And the band we went with then is costing us a bloody fortune because we have such a specific idea of what we want! When I look at the budget, I really wish we were less picky :D

I know what you mean! At least I've realised I really need to get my skates on!! I'm cursing myself for not getting my act together a couple of months ago- it was all on my very long fingers!!! Anyhow, worst thing well have to do is push things back a bit! Thanks for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

We also want reportage style, and since my fiancé is a semi-professional photographer, he was extremely picky. We wanted Dave McClelland but he wasn't free on our date, so we've gone with Moat Hill Photography. They're based in Dublin but travel all over for weddings (and don't charge for travel).

Thanks Faith, I had a look at their site, love their style.. I've just asked for a quote from them :)

Oh good, glad to be drumming up business for them! For the quality of their stuff, we found them very reasonable. I think it varies from €1,700 to €2,200 depending on whether you want one or both of them, and how long you'd like them to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RMC10

Have a look at Insight Photography, she is based out of Cork. In the end I have gone with someone else who is cheaper and closer to Dublin but this was the first photographer I contacted because I loved their style!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I booked Charlie McGreever in Killaloe, Co. Clare. He shot both my sister's and brother's weddings and took many lovely candid shots. He is very reasonably priced and does digital only packages which I love because it gave us the freedom to create our own albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭Hooked

Just stumbled over this thread on my morning coffee...

Wanted to mention:

www.dermotculhane.ie

He did my brothers and a few close friends weddings... Lovely chap. And I think was voted wedding reportage photographer of the year...

• Advertisement
Advertisement