Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21.5" LED TV and DVD Combi-€149 Aldi

Options
  • 18-04-2014 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

This post has been deleted.
    7.00am to be sure. They will be rationed across stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BeGrand!

To be honest this doesn't seem like a great deal, it would have been good a year back but that's pretty much standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gerlim 28

"To be honest this doesn't seem like a great deal, it would have been good a year back but that's pretty much standard."

I HAVE BEING ON THE LOOKOUT FOR SOMETHING SIMILAR AND IT SEEMS BEST VALUE AROUND!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

Do you think it would be Sunday opening (10am) for the bank holiday monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Was gonna ask the same, desperate to grab this deal but I don't know what their opening times are for Bank Holiday Mondays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

It's 10am on Monday - at least in Rathmines it is and should be everywhere, but does that really matter?

You'll have to assume at least 6 will think it's 9am opening and have to "out queue" them accordingly!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Was gonna ask the same, desperate to grab this deal but I don't know what their opening times are for Bank Holiday Mondays.
    Easter opening hours are here:
    https://www.aldi.ie/en/about-aldi/information/opening-hours/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Will try and pick up one of these on Monday .

Anyone know something similar from an online source ? Won't get to an aldi until midday Monday so chances are these will be all gone

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

IMO, not a great deal. You can pick one up in sales on a regular basis.
    21.5" is a caravan or small kitchen size.

BeGrand! wrote: »
    To be honest this doesn't seem like a great deal, it would have been good a year back but that's pretty much standard.
    mydogjack wrote: »
    IMO, not a great deal. You can pick one up in sales on a regular basis.
    21.5" is a caravan or small kitchen size.

Add in the 3yr warranty and it's far from "pretty much standard" and will never be seen in a sale on a "regular basis"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Be careful when buying a TV from Aldi, the last combi they did was back in November last year it was an Altius 24" LED TV with built in DVD and it looked like a proper deal based on the spec (it was £129.99) however a lot of people complained that it was not as described in the Aldi bumf and on top of that quite a few people had various issues with the TV not working correctly, see the comments on the deal link below.

http://www.smartpound.com/story.php?title=altius-24-led-tv-dvd-combo-with-hd-tuner-%C2%A3129-99-aldi-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Be careful when buying a TV from Aldi, the last combi they did was back in November last year it was an Altius 24" LED TV with built in DVD and it looked like a proper deal based on the spec (it was £129.99) however a lot of people complained that it was not as described in the Aldi bumf and on top of that quite a few people had various issues with the TV not working correctly, see the comments on the deal link below.

http://www.smartpound.com/story.php?title=altius-24-led-tv-dvd-combo-with-hd-tuner-%C2%A3129-99-aldi-2

They could have just returned it to their local Aldi for a refund. Easiest return I have ever had was something from Aldi. Regardless, not a big deal, and not a deal breaker for a completely different Television being offered here.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Yeah it looks like it did work for most ppl - just not as advertised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

The uncle picked up two of these this morning, he said he was very happy with the picture quality, handy as well with the USB & DVD. Will see how these tv's go in a few weeks to see if any problems occur.

Seems like a good deal though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It does seem to be a good price, but really, 1080p is pretty much pointless on a TV of this size, and it's just a standard dvd player.

I dunno, if you're desperate for a TV in the kitchen then go for it, but I can think of better ways to spend €150.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'd imagine that the only reason the TV is 1080p is because it's using a mass-produced 1080p LCD panel that are also used for PC monitors, etc. Even the "brands" do it.

Be grand for a kitchen or small bedroom and a 21-22" combi is good enough value at €150

It does seem to be a good price, but really, 1080p is pretty much pointless on a TV of this size, and it's just a standard dvd player.

I dunno, if you're desperate for a TV in the kitchen then go for it, but I can think of better ways to spend €150.

That post is a wee bit odd, don't you think?

Advertisement