Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well done Gardai

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Indeed I always admire the way the Gardai do their job. Even here in Cork this morning a stolen van which was involved in an earlier robbery rammed a Garda van and took off with about 13 patrol cars in pursuit. During this pursuit a Garda motorcyclist was knocked off his bike and apparently knocked unconscious.

I hope he makes a full recovery, the pursuit did continue and the passenger was caught, the last i heard they are still looking for the driver.

Again for all the AGS members have to put up with, how they get injured in the course of their duties and the tight line they have walk regarding GSOC I say well done one and all.

Just a bloody pity punishment for the offenders does not reflect what they put in.

http://www.eveningecho.ie/2014/04/18/garda-injured-high-speed-chase/

Thank you Garda Michael Twomey hope you recover soon.
    This Garda was holding back traffic to stop them from being in danger by the offending vehicle. His bike was rammed by the stolen vehicle.
    I really hope that the courts give these 2 sufficient punishment, but I have my doubts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Maryanne84 wrote: »
    Well Done to our guys and gals in blue. Hopefully the courts will not let them off lightly. Good Job, Lads/Lassies.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/guns-and-drugs-worth-5m-seized-from-gang-with-links-to-kinahan-30197067.html

Maryanne84,I would not be holding my breath in relation to any reasonable judgement by the Irish Judiciary.

While the Gardai themselves simply get on with the business of catching the wrongdoers,often on a serial basis,it seems that,once again,and with an apparently all to flippant disdain for Garda objections,some hugely qualified Judge does the usual "Supreme Court Approved" dance on the head of the Bail pin....

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/polish-brothers-granted-bail-over-3m-drugs-seizure-despite-garda-objection-30201561.html

In this case the "Strenuous" and "Strong" nature of the Gardai's objections really do need to be underlined,as in the mind of a reasonable person it could be said to require deeper consideration.

Whether those "reasonable" persons ever do get to deliberate on the issue is open to debate.

I would also suggest that,in this case, The Judge owes the general public a somewhat detailed explanation of the exact reasons why he should disregard the Gardai's objections,given that these were made in the interests of Public Order and Protection.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Advertisement