Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNA 20/30 Mod Clone

Options
  • 17-04-2014 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

This is big news right? (The don't even take the logo off on their site! Bleedin *mod snip*;))

I wouldn't need the wattage but I like box mods and it's a sexy piece of kit. Seems to be lots of different companies coming out with it (is this how clones work? Do lots of different companies make the Nemesis clone?). At the price Fasttech hopefully put it at it would be hard to resist for me.

People are talking about whether the chip is an exact copy etc. and they seem to be able to break it down why it would be/wouldn't, but that's beyond me tbh. If it looks good and works ok, things meet my criteria. :)

I'll happily wait but it's going on the 'to get' list.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I'd be well up for one of those too but I think I'll wait a few months to hear some feedback......and for the price to drop a bit :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Sorry for language Mod just amazed by this 'clone' business. Is it just counterfeit goods basically? Everything is the exact same - logos, Made by, colours etc.? How can you tell a real Nemesis from a clone for example and is this illegal (passing off)? Or are they something else/new. Clone's a new word for me in this use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

accaguest wrote: »
    Is it just counterfeit goods basically?
    Yeah, basically. Every eGo battery not made by Janty or Joyetech is a counterfeit as an example, but they became so widespread (thanks to Joyetech's abuse of their contract with Janty - allegedly, according to Janty) that pretty much every company makes an eGo-style now.
    Everything is the exact same - logos, Made by, colours etc.? How can you tell a real Nemesis from a clone for example and is this illegal (passing off)?
    If the mod-makers trademarked and/or patented their devices it would be fully illegal, but there's a grey area around it without those things.
    You can tell the difference usually by fit and finish, certain tell-tales like airholes lining up and depth of engraving, but unless you have the definite genuine article next to it to compare... I wouldn't buy it. Especially a Nemesis, easily the most widely cloned device after the eGo.
    ...are they something else/new. Clone's a new word for me in this use.
    The clone term's been around for years with watches, phones, tablets, everything... But unless you're immersed enough in a certain world you tend not to see the clones so you never notice it bandied about. It's a huge portion of the vape world.
    Badly applied word maybe, but everything we're using in vaping infringes on another's non-patented idea. Depends where you choose to draw the line.
    Most of the snobs dumbly prefer if the look of a mod weren't robbed but don't mind the idea for a functional genisis [actual spelling] atomiser being robbed.
    Raidy's idea, the design of which which he specified as for personal use, non-commercial - once Zen took the liberty of deciding for himself what Raidy meant instead of asking him, everybody and their ma started building genisis atties. Raidy isn't happy about that.
    Vape snobs on the other hand are only too delighted with that theft.
    But please!!!
    NO!!!
    DON'T STEAL A LOGO!!!
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's basically evened-out second-hand market for certain. Items costing the same or 5% less for a second-hand device are now selling at 50-75% the RRP and that's a good thing as far as I can see - the idea that your device was like a bar of gold or silver and just held or increased it's value was always bananas to me (btw, anybody want a genuine iGO-L for €25?)?
    It's diminished the market for middle-range mods which sucks for trying to sell €30-70 mods that aren't up to snuff.
    It's expanded the market for the real deal ever-so-slightly as people owning a clone want to get the original.
    And it's made UKV a more unpleasant place to be with vape snobs posting suspect YT videos, using IP-thieving genisis atties, whinging incessantly about their idyllic version of the world being ruined but they're still allowed to screw others over as they see fit, as long as they can rationalise it, i.e. pricks.

Couldn't have (wouldn't be capable of) put it better myself. >.<

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Couldn't have (wouldn't be capable of) put it better myself. >.<

Is that a "Yes" for the iGO?
    €35 now - the market dictates the price. Super-rare original first-run iGO.

• Advertisement

Very tempted but I already have one, for anyone else its a bargain, a dripper owned by Grindle should add at least 1000% to the value!!!!!...seriously! !!!!!

Very tempted but I already have one, for anyone else its a bargain, a dripper owned by Grindle should add at least 1000% to the value!!!!!...seriously! !!!!!

HA!

Will come with the perfect microcoil installed for your device.

Cleaned of oxidation residue with the crevice of my third eye.

Your third eye??? Ah!!! that eye, actually you can keep it :-)

Your third eye??? Ah!!! that eye, actually you can keep it :-)

Too late, the coil has been...ejected. You may see it travelling towards your home in...wherever-you-live...right...abouuuut....now.

Actually, I keep seeing some long-haired vaping dude getting on the bus to Ballincollig, whom I imagine as a Mr. Chrome (not the bus, the dude). IS IT YOU?

I have no idea why I imagine that you'd have long hair, but in my mind's eye (separate to my third eye and my turd eye) that's you.

My bus stop has lots of vapers. MAYBE YOU'RE THE SHORT-HAIRED GUY?!? :eek:

Ha, definitely not me, had long hair up until a few years ago when I suddenly became folicly challenged, then I just shaved the fukers off.

• Advertisement

FINE. I know there's some smug lurker now who knows somebody knows but he doesn't know who it is who knows...

If you're that guy - I'm watching you. You won't see it when it happens, but some time, some day...I'll...offer you stuff. In exchange for stuff.

Or I'll never ever talk to you. Talking's hard. You're a stranger. You understand.

Actually it could be me, just so I know its you could you identify yourself by doing a funky dance in the middle of the bus... and we'll take it from there.

Actually it could be me, just so I know its you could you identify yourself by doing a funky dance in the middle of the bus... and we'll take it from there.

Well, you obviously know it's me. I never stop dancing.
    You are that guy looking at my ass. You''re welcome. I do have a good waggle.

I know they say self-praise is no praise, but seriously, dat waggle tho.

Hey, we could start a flash mob vapin thingy on the bus, wouldn't that be coolers :-)

Hey, we could start a flash mob vapin thingy on the bus, wouldn't that be coolers :-)

Nah dude, I'm totes hipstergeddon. If one more person is doing what I'm doing, I stop. Almost quit vaping once I'd converted someone. Serious conflict of emotions.
    I never vape at that bus stop, I wait for them to be gone, then vape... for then... then!!! I am truly unique. At that bus stop.

I feel your pain bro, very hard to keep up the hipsterism with all the peeps taking up vaping.

I'm soo hip I couldnt spell peeps!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Don't know the etiquette on deleting posts but...

Advertisement