Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writing the first letter

Options
  • 17-04-2014 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am adopted and recently found out that my birth mother placed a son up for adoption a few years before me, you always expect BM to have gone on and have children after you so I was shocked to find out I had an older adopted sibling (we don't have the same birth father). Anyway my adopted brother and I are about to make contact and I was just wondering does anyone have any advise on what I should say or how to start the card? I want to keep it short and sweet.
    Any advice would be greatly welcomed. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Terri Kiernan

Hi followers
    I trully belive that the meeting with your brother should be as natural as possible simply expect nothing and enjoy your encounter bring a fe. Pics with you . Share some of your moment in life but above all let him know how happy you are to have. A brother let your meeting take a life if its own and bear in mind how young your new found relationship is baby steps he is as nervous as you but deep down you are both doing something very positive I hope it goes well lovely to know you have a big brother
    Allow the best
    Terri xx

Advertisement