Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rover 216 GTi (small project)

Options
  • 17-04-2014 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi Everyone,

I joined the site today because I am the owner of a Rover 216 GTi Twin Cam (Honda engine). I feel the car isn't appreciated by the general road-using public, so I wanted to chat to people who know how good it is.

I posted this post in the 'Classic Car' section too as it is a '91 and a very rare car, though I think it is suited to this forum too.

I'm looking to sell the car, for a nominal fee, to the right buyer. Somebody who will be able to look after it and who knows its true value.

Currently the car is suffering from a crank shaft seal issue, so I'm really looking for somebody who has the skill, and desire, to get the car back to a working condition.

Other than the above problem, the car is in good nick and looks great.

I'd like to hear from you if you feel you fit in to the above bracket.

Thanks.
    Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

I'd love to see some photos of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RedRover2

Hi,

No problem, just putting some photos together now. I'll have them up later today.

It appears I have not got the permissions to post photos. I will ask someone else to do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Rover+Front.jpg

Rover+back.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

I know that car very well from around Dun Laoghaire. I remember the first time I saw it and was amazed to see a surviving original Irish Rover R8.

Do you have much history on it?

Good luck with the sale.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

RedRover, if you could pass me on a phone number and a price I may know someone who would be very interested in buying this from you.

I know that car very well from around Dun Laoghaire. I remember the first time I saw it and was amazed to see a surviving original Irish Rover R8.

Do you have much history on it?

Good luck with the sale.:)

Thanks.

Bar the crank shaft seal issue, it still runs as sweetly as it did when it was first bought.

In terms of history, it has had three owners (two in the same family). All three owners have lived in the Killiney/Cabinteely area. Full service history is available from it's first service in Stewart's at 6,000 miles to current day.

No mods have been made to it since birth.

Kaiser D wrote: »
    RedRover, if you could pass me on a phone number and a price I may know someone who would be very interested in buying this from you.

I'll PM you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'm posting this on behalf of the OP as they do not have URL permissions yet.

He has finally found the time to get this up on Adverts after a lot of initial interest via Boards. Though, he's not looking to sell it for parts, a lot of people are looking to get their hands on just the engine!! :(

http://www.adverts.ie/5445939

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

Though, he's not looking to sell it for parts, a lot of people are looking to get their hands on just the engine!! :(

It's a shame, isn't it?

Fair play for making an effort to make sure it goes to someone who will appreciate it. It is impossible to have any future classic car scene in this country with the level of nice cars that go by the wayside just because they are old and not worth much. Keep up the persistence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭cabb8ge

€1000 for car needing attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

cabb8ge wrote: »
    €1000 for car needing attention?

The right buyer who knows his stuff will make an offer close enough to that. I can't stand most Rovers as you might know but I like the look of that one.

Best of luck with the sale OP looks like a well minded car!

Advertisement