Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting with the priest- what to ask

Options
  • 16-04-2014 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I'm meeting with our priest or the first time to discuss our wedding and want to make sure I ask whatever questions are needed or topics we should discuss with him I.e. limits on church music, church decorations/ flowers, marriage course, readings, prayers of faithful, ministers of sacrement, any other weddings on same day/weekend, preparing the chapel beforehand- anything else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'd let the priest lead the meeting. He'll probably tell you about the marriage courses acceptable to him, ask about letters of freedom, and start the ball rolling with the pre-nuptial questionnaire. You'll think of things to ask as you go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

He will run through the process. You don't need to ask anything apart from if he is ok with your plans.
    Just be nice and respectful of the church and you will be fine. We had to pray with him for 10 minutes too!

The whole thing lasted about an hour and most of it was him filling in the paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Mo2012 wrote: »
    I'm meeting with our priest or the first time to discuss our wedding and want to make sure I ask whatever questions are needed or topics we should discuss with him I.e. limits on church music, church decorations/ flowers, marriage course, readings, prayers of faithful, ministers of sacrement, any other weddings on same day/weekend, preparing the chapel beforehand- anything else?
    The priest will probably provide you with a book of prayers, readings and Gospels that are aimed at a wedding ceremony. We were told pick an Old Testament and a New Testament reading and a Gospel. Prayers of the Faithful; Mrs2be.ie has a few threads on different ones covering different topics.
    Ceremony music will probably be led by whoever is doing it; if local they know most priests and what they'll allow. Our priest let us off but wanted final approval over the mass booklet and music before we finalized anything.
    The sarcristan will be the one looking after the church and bells on the day I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 monyman

I think you have enough no. of questions that you may need to ask, and besides all these you can ask about the rituals would be performed in the chapel.

Advertisement