Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice of Ireland shedding viewers

Options
  • 16-04-2014 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭

There is no active thread on the programme, so I started this one.

Voice+of+Ireland.png

From rivalling the Late Late Show as the most watched programme of the week, the Voice of Ireland has since lost about a third of its peak-viewership. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Late Late Show saved?

*Drum rolls desk*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭brian_t

Voice of Ireland Series 3
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057010924&page=76

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

brian_t wrote: »

Thank you. In my defence, the Boards search function didn't display that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭homingbird

The sooner rte kill off tubs & the LLS the better . Who watches the late late anymore tubs still living in the tiger years money to burn & feck the rest of ye. Get a life switch off & go out support your local soccer team on a Friday.

homingbird wrote: »
    The sooner rte kill off tubs & the LLS the better . Who watches the late late anymore tubs still living in the tiger years money to burn & feck the rest of ye. Get a life switch off & go out support your local soccer team on a Friday.

Consistently the most popular programme with an average weekly viewership this season of about 600k. It's rubbish, but people are willing to watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I don't really care much for the LLS but isn't it still one ofRTE's most popular shows in terms oof viewer numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭lertsnim

go out support your local soccer team on a Friday.

That would be a very long drive. 4 hour return drive I'd say so I will pass on this suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Thank you. In my defence, the Boards search function didn't display that thread.

It's the first result at the top of page 2.

groovie wrote: »
    It's the first result at the top of page 2.

These are, in the order they appear, the lengths-of-time-since-creation of threads with Voice of Ireland in their title on page 1: 1 month, 3 months, 7 months, 23 months, 27 months. Spot a trend? Hypothetically, how many pages back do you propose that I ought to have gone before I could establish that one didn't exist?

These are, in the order they appear, the lengths-of-time-since-creation of threads with Voice of Ireland in their title on page 1: 1 month, 3 months, 7 months, 23 months, 27 months. Spot a trend? Hypothetically, how many pages back do you propose that I ought to have gone before I could establish that one didn't exist?

Hypothetically? All of them.
    Even then you would only have established that your query didn't return the thread, not that the thread itself didn't exist.

• Advertisement

groovie wrote: »
    Hypothetically? All of them.
    Even then you would only have established that your query didn't return the thread, not that the thread itself didn't exist.

I wonder did you think that that ^ was a cheeky or intelligent response.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Kind of going off topic guys.... back on track, please.

I'll move this to the Reality TV forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭endacl

But....

(A) soccer is a bit crap.
    (B) I don't like soccer.
    (C) most irish people aren't very good at soccer. The few that are play across the water.

I'm not going out on a Friday to go watch people who aren't very good at something, that I'm not interested in, do it badly. There are pubs to fill! That show Italians and spaniards playing soccer well. I'm still not interested, but at least they can play it.

:D

I wonder did you think that that ^ was a cheeky or intelligent response.

Oh dear. Are you a teacher? Your response puts me in mind of a couple of teachers that I had. Attack the post, not the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I don't watch this sh1te but I just saw Catherine Thomas fixing her knockers as she came on stage :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Voice+of+Ireland.png

From rivalling the Late Late Show as the most watched programme of the week, the Voice of Ireland has since lost about a third of its peak-viewership. Any thoughts?

I doubt RTE will lose a lot of sleep here, somehow...

And it wouldn't surprise me one bit if VOI was back again next year.

Advertisement