Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moonrise time over howth tonight?

Options
  • 16-04-2014 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭

After that amazing moon rise last night I want to go to howth head and see tonight's event.
    I have checked a few site and there are moonrise rise times predicted anywhere from 20.47 until 22.07.
    Please would any of you weather wizards have a more accurate time?

many thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Sorry, the moon is actually rising over Bray Head tonight. You'll have to travel a bit further south...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭deandean

Bah, cloudy of course but just a layer at the horizon. 22.07 looked about right though.
    considering the rate of gyroscopic perambulance, the moon will indeed rise over Bray head, in August 4722 ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

There's an astro photographer from/in Greece that uses a computer program to tell him where and when to be to take shots of the moon and the Acropolis. Stunning pics. While I'm not an photographer never mind an astro one, I was gutted one night when from my bedroom window I appeared to have missed the possibility of a beautiful shot of the moon behind the cross on top of a Bray Head. While not religious either, it would have made for an interesting photo.

Apologies to mod for going slightly off the weather topic...so here is my photo of the moon taken from Howth last night. It's just a basic digital camera on a tripod. I recognised Mars and Saturn too!
    303671.jpg

303672.jpg

303673.jpg

• Advertisement

Calibos wrote: »
    There's an astro photographer from/in Greece that uses a computer program to tell him where and when to be to take shots of the moon and the Acropolis. Stunning pics. While I'm not an photographer never mind an astro one, I was gutted one night when from my bedroom window I appeared to have missed the possibility of a beautiful shot of the moon behind the cross on top of a Bray Head. While not religious either, it would have made for an interesting photo.

Reminds me of the Corona beer advert, where the quarter moon becomes a slice of lime:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2341417/Incredible-beer-billboard-transforms-Moon-slice-lime-twice-month.html

Advertisement