Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MHRV and stoves

Options
  • 16-04-2014 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any information regarding the installation of stoves in an airtight house that will be using MHRV.

I have been looking into stoves with external air kits. Will this suffice or is it true that with any fossil fuel stove that a vent in the wall/window must also be present?
    Our house won't need much heat from a stove but we like the feature and the homely atmosphere that they create.

Also I had my heart set on a stanley stove but from what I can see only two of their stoves have the option of external air kits. Are there any other stoves/brands that would fit this description which people could recommend to me?

Thanks,

L.Demps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

No vent on the wall will be needed if you have an external airsupply, a room sealed stove and MVHR

http://www.stovesonline.co.uk/direct-air-supply-stoves.html

See the ones with "total" direct air.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sandman777

L.Demps wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any information regarding the installation of stoves in an airtight house that will be using MHRV.

I have been looking into stoves with external air kits. Will this suffice or is it true that with any fossil fuel stove that a vent in the wall/window must also be present?
    Our house won't need much heat from a stove but we like the feature and the homely atmosphere that they create.

Also I had my heart set on a stanley stove but from what I can see only two of their stoves have the option of external air kits. Are there any other stoves/brands that would fit this description which people could recommend to me?

Thanks,

L.Demps

Hi

I am also in a similar position with airtight house & MHRV close to completion! I am looking for an insert/casette stove but room sealed types with external air supply are not that common!!

Any luck finding any other suppliers?
    S

Advertisement