Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antibiotic Bottles

Options
  • 16-04-2014 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭

What do ye do with empty antibiotic bottles?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭tanko

Bring them back to my vets, they're glad to get them. Also bring used needles and syringes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

tanko wrote: »
    Bring them back to my vets, they're glad to get them. Also bring used needles and syringes.

Do they dispose themselves? Vet we get them off doesnt take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭visatorro

my vet takes them off me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭tanko

case885 wrote: »
    Do they dispose themselves? Vet we get them off doesnt take them.

I'm sure they get all that type of waste collected and disposed of properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

visatorro wrote: »
    they are supposed to take them, As part of your bord bia inspection they will ask you how you dispose of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,121 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Aghhhh I strip all the labels off and into the bottle bank in tesco.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Aghhhh I strip all the labels off and into the bottle bank in tesco.....

Yes we have to do that, but im wondering should the vet take them? He says he doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Our vet takes them back including old syringes and needles. Also any unused meds too. Gives us a receipt to cover us for medicine section of herd book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

tanko wrote: »

Never knew that. Must ask him next time I'm in if they will take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Freejin

visatorro wrote: »

do vets charge for this service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Freejin wrote: »
    do vets charge for this service?
    no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Dozer1

I was thinking that lately so I brought them to my local vet, told me if the bottles were empty they can go in the wheelie bin if not empty there would be a charge for taking them off me.
    So I emptied them and into the wheelie bin:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

I've always thrown mine in rubbish. What's the correct answer for bord bia.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 old deere

target practice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

I've always thrown mine in rubbish. What's the correct answer for bord bia.

the vet takes them is the answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

simx wrote: »
    the vet takes them is the answer

And on that is there any place where you can obtain a list of the bird bia questions. I think there is a good percentage of the marks on questions. It is surely imperative that no matter how retarded the question that the correct answer is received by on Bord Bia inspecting official.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭waalaa

And on that is there any place where you can obtain a list of the bird bia questions. I think there is a good percentage of the marks on questions. It is surely imperative that no matter how retarded the question that the correct answer is received by on Bord Bia inspecting official.
    There is only one answer you need give Bord Bia if they ask about feed purchases, animal remedies, health plans or anything livestock related......"It's all down to the rain".

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lizard_Moon

Pretty expensive to correctly dispose of empty bottles, needles and syringes.
    If greater than 10% of the product still in them it's pharmaceutical waste which is much more expensive.

What do the chemists do when you bring back bottles to them, or the online suppliers?????

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Livestockmad

waalaa wrote: »
    There is only one answer you need give Bord Bia if they ask about feed purchases, animal remedies, health plans or anything livestock related......"It's all down to the rain".

I nearly drove my foot through the new telly when I heard that add first! Oh how I hate bord bia etc. But sure arnt they great lads to give a few extra cent :/

Advertisement