Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bikes Weight for Strava Ride App

Options
  • 16-04-2014 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Using Strava Ride Glassware now on Google Glass and I'd like to add Dublin Bikes as an option in "My Gear". So the mandatory data required by Strava is what weight is a Dublin Bike? My guess 50 LBs? ANy takers? I classified it as a Road Bike, pushing it I know.... but seems best category fit..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

the london equivalent 'boris bikes' are 50lbs so id say you're in the right ballpark

• Registered Users Posts: 31,014 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

There are Dublin bikes in SF? You'd surely lose your deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Tell us more about Strava on Google Glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,523 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Maybe it's only available in L.A ..Maaann... Duuudde! :pac:

strava-one-of-the-first-apps-on-google-glass-

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I have a vague recollection, when they were launched, of hearing that they were 22kg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

There is a Strava glassware for Strava Run and Strava Ride. I use the Run mostly, a very nice user experience, but it's hardly Garmin. Since I am in Dublin on business and using DublinBikes I thought I'd give the bike ride version a go too. The UX is broadly the same - you can see a Strava card, the view you'd get in the Glass prism here: http://www.slashgear.com/google-glass-development-kit-demo-video-shares-newest-glassware-19305987/ "ok, glass, start a bike ride" sets it off...

U

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

22kg?! That sounds like a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Actually, it feels about right. 22KG is about 50 LBs. Those bikes are heavy.

Advertisement