Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Parade Dublin 2014

Options
  • 16-04-2014 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭

My husband is marching in the Easter Parade in Dublin this Easter Sunday. Myself and the young man are going to travel up to Dublin that morning to see him. We are planning on viewing at the GPO. How early would we need to be there at? Is that a good spot to watch? Will there be anything open on Easter sunday in Dublin in terms of food etc. Lastly, will there be any car parks open? Luas running etc?? I have literally never stepped outside the door on Easter sunday, I would alway assume it was like Christmas day where the country closes down!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    My husband is marching in the Easter Parade in Dublin this Easter Sunday. Myself and the young man are going to travel up to Dublin that morning to see him. We are planning on viewing at the GPO. How early would we need to be there at? Is that a good spot to watch? Will there be anything open on Easter sunday in Dublin in terms of food etc. Lastly, will there be any car parks open? Luas running etc?? I have literally never stepped outside the door on Easter sunday, I would alway assume it was like Christmas day where the country closes down!
    Everything will be operating like any Sunday, I'm sure you must have been in Dublin on other Sunday's for a big GAA match or whatever. Enjoy the parade regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

There's some details of the timings here.....

The Luas is running a Sunday service. Not sure about the carparks but I know the one under our building is closed on Sunday and Monday - depending on where you're coming from you could could park 'n' ride from the Red Cow?

It will be fairly quiet on Easter Sunday as a lot of shops that normally open will be closed, but the usual array of fast food restaurants will be open, I'm sure.

Good luck and enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Polite people
    1374946_626331624130895_6988571318581762735_n.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Any one know if its possible to see any videos of this? From outside the country if possible (i.e. youtube) preferably

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭mcko

Well done to all involved, the Army Reserve GOH was a credit to the organisation. BZ to all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Any one know if its possible to see any videos of this? From outside the country if possible (i.e. youtube) preferably

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10275219/

It is on the rte player but I don't know if it is region locked or not.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10275219/

It is on the rte player but I don't know if it is region locked or not.
    Cheers, it works alright. It's strange usually content is region blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Excellent video presentation, thank you, Sir. I was very pleased to hear the band playing 'Peggy Lettermore' - it was one of my dad's favourites and I'll always hear him whistling it.

Thanks again.

tac

Advertisement