Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown spoilers for 18th April

Options
  • 16-04-2014 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭

Think their is an oversees tour thus lack of big names and Bryan on honeymoon still.

Looks skipable like most Smackdowns tbh

Dark Match

1. Bo Dallas beat a local wrestler in a match taped prior to the Main Event broadcast.

The entire upper deck is tarped off with half of the 200 level tarped off as well. A really low turnout for Nashville.

2. Titus O'Neil beat Bordell Walker. Walker is another local wrestler.

WWE Smackdown TV Taping

Triple H opened Smackdown with a promo and announced that Evolution will face The Shield at Extreme Rules...

1. Intercontinental Champion Big E defeated Alberto Del Rio by DQ.

It was announced that the Night of Champions pay-per-view will be held in Nashville on September 21...

Paul Heyman cut a promo reminding fans that Brock Lesnar is the one in 21-1. Cameron labeled it a "tremendous promo"...

2. Paige beat Aksana. A physical match that was reminiscent of NXT women's matches. It's almost as if giving them some time to work with is a good thing...

Sheamus was interviewed backstage...

3. El Torito beat Hornswoggle. No, seriously, writes Cameron. That match actually happened. I will say that it was entertaining than I thought it would be, but it was still a waste of time.

4. Alexander Rusev beat R-Truth. A sub-3 minute squash, but Rusev looked vicious during the match and had a post match decimation of Xavier Woods. "I feel bad for Woods because he deserves better than this," writes Cameron. "Lana is even more awesome live."

5. Santino Marella (w/Emma) defeated Fandango (w/Layla). Santino won via sunset flip. It was not an especially great match, but there was a very Emmataining moment when Emma took out Layla. That distraction is what let Santino pick up the win. There was some bad comedy after the match with Emma asking for a high five and Santino forgetting to take the cobra sleeve off.

6. Batista defeated Sheamus with a Batista Bomb. A pretty decent fight. They worked in some great near falls on both sides, but the right guy went over for sure.

After the taping, Batista grabbed a mic and challenged Sheamus to a last man standing match which Sheamus won via Brogue kick to send everyone home happy. Side note: Sheamus grabbed a Warrior-clad little girl from the crowd and carried her around for a bit. It was a touching enough moment that one of the photographers had to wipe away tears. He finished up the evening by signing some autographs and posing for photos. What a class act.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Seems like a long time since Sheamus lost clean. Or since he lost at all in a singles match.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

So wait, Bo Dallas gets a dark match against some punter and Hornswoggle gets into the main show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Thought that said Braden Walker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Lots of people angry on Twitter who went to the event and didn't get Bryan, Cena, Shield etc.

It's Vordell Walker. He had a run in ROH about ten years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Deadlie wrote: »
    So wait, Bo Dallas gets a dark match against some punter and Hornswoggle gets into the main show?

I hate Bo but even I agree this is bollcoks!

• Advertisement

Why would you debut Bo on a nothing Smackdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

rovert wrote: »

Not sure you should debut anyone on Smackdown these days.

Bo will be on Raw soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

rovert wrote: »

Fair point I suppose. But given the show was desperate, by the sounds of it - he could've been a headlight. But I guess Raw would make more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

FFS Fandango Vs. Santino again

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

In WWE land a babyface losing clean usually is a sign that a heel turn is on the horizon, and since they usually try to protect Sheamus hopefully it's a sign of a future turn. (If he lost clean, that is. Report doesn't say exactly what happened)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

In WWE land a babyface losing clean usually is a sign that a heel turn is on the horizon, and since they usually try to protect Sheamus hopefully it's a sign of a future turn. (If he lost clean, that is. Report doesn't say exactly what happened)

Sheamus badly needs one imo

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Leave the memories alone.

BlhtsfTCMAAGnqg.png

Ok El Torito-Hornswoggle is REQUIRED watching.

Really good promos by Heyman and Triple H too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Don't watch Smackdown often but it was actually quite good this week.

I can't be the only one who thought El Torito vs Hornswaggle was funny. The promo for it (shown just before the Paige match) was hilarious. They had the dramatic music and all :D. JBL and Cole were really good during the match.

Bad News Barrett coming out afterward afterward was good as well

For those who aren't going to watch, Sheamus' interview contained this:
    Growing up in Ireland, there was a neighborhood bully who thought his crap didn't stink. I shoved him in the bog and flushed him down the River Liffey.

I know a lot of people here don't like that kind of stuff but for some reason I don't mind it. It had very little to do with the rest of the interview though.

Batista-Sheamus had the feel of a PPV main event and was good enough for a B PPV at least. Hopefully they make a proper feud out of it after Extreme Rules (unless Sheamus turns).

Well this is great:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I wasn't keen on Batista returning but I have changed my mind and I am happy he is back.

As a heel he is great and whenever he has a match if feels like a big deal or is important.

Can't ask for anymore than that.

No great thoughts on Smackdown. Fun pacey show the highlights of which will make a great hype video for The Shield vs Evolution.

Advertisement