Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Sacrifice - April 27th, 2014 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 16-04-2014 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

dd4635872398e74c67558c15ab985354_L.jpg?t=1397608120
    Tables Match
    'The 'It' Factor of Professional Wrestling and the Leader of the Selfish Generation' Bobby Roode vs. Bully Ray

TNA Knockouts Championship
    Angelina Love vs. champion Madison Rayne

I Quit Match
    'Cowboy' James Storm vs. Gunner

Here's an awesome old Sacrifice match:

This show is in eleven days and TNA announced the first matches today. They've wasted thirty seven days of the build up to this show. Also Storm and Gunner are having their third blow off match. And I'd much prefer a Roode/Bully singles match, nothing is ever a regular match in this company anymore. Plus Tables matches always have a glass ceiling. Show is in Orlando so there's that too. They haven't gotten around to the match graphics yet it would appear.

And here's the 2012 Sacrifice show, which is actually a really good show (with very good Austin Aries/Bully Ray, Bad Influence/Samoa Joe and Magnus, Kurt Angle/AJ Styles and Bobby Roode/RVD matches and a surprisingly decent Brooke Tessmacher/Gail Kim match) - during TNA's brief 2012 creative revival (which Aces and 8s would come along and stomp all over not too long afterwards):

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I thought there were three weeks left rather than only two.

The table stipulation actually makes sense for this one. It's how the feud started at Lockdown and they have been used a good bit in recent weeks.

Some form of Young vs Magnus vs Abyss will likely be the main event. Joe was hardly even mentioned last week which makes me think he missed all the tapings and presumably won't be involved.

BroMans vs Wolves and Anderson vs Shaw are really the only other matches I can think of. Willow vs Carter maybe? Probably Sanada vs Tigre too unless they blew the third match on Impact. Struggling to think of what else they could have.

I genuinely think they forgot they had this PPV. The build in recent weeks has been similar to the build when they don't have any PPV that month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

TNA World Heavyweight Championship
    champion 'Showtime' Eric Young vs. Magnus
    1.jpg

Tag Team Match
    Willow and 'Olympic Gold Medalist' Kurt Angle vs. Rockstar Spud and Ethan Carter III
    2.jpg

Tables Match

'The 'It' Factor of Professional Wrestling and the Leader of the Selfish Generation' Bobby Roode vs. Bully Ray
    3.jpg

TNA Knockouts Championship
    Angelina Love vs. champion Madison Rayne
    5.jpg

I Quit Match
    'Cowboy' James Storm vs. Gunner
    4.jpg

TNA X-Division Championship
    champion Seiya Sanada vs. Tigre Uno
    6.jpg

Committed Match

Mr. Anderson vs. Samuel Shaw
    7.jpg

No idea what a Committed match consists of. BroMans vs. Wolves will likely be added to round out the show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

No idea what a Committed match consists of. BroMans vs. Wolves will likely be added to round out the show.

Committed Match is an Ambulance Match. Russo loves Ambulance matches.

rovert wrote: »
    Committed Match is an Ambulance Match. Russo loves Ambulance matches.

And he loves giving established gimmick matches silly different names. You know this wouldn't be that bad a card were it actually well promoted.

And he loves giving established gimmick matches silly different names.

Russo also loves the all women can't be trusted narrative. I expect Hemme turning heel and helping Shaw.

• Advertisement

Russo also loves the all women can't be trusted narrative. I expect Hemme turning heel and helping Shaw.

That makes sense. It's the only way you can continue Shaw's gimmick. He has to get the girl.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    That makes sense.

The man stalked her, abused her, stole her hair and threatened her physically - it really wouldn't.

PWInsider says Eric Bischoff is a consultant too.
    The man stalked her, abused her, stole her hair and threatened her physically - it really wouldn't.

IT WAS A PLAN ALL ALONG narrative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

It's Eric B******* :D

When did he abuse her? He was obsessed with her. Hemme turns heel knowing he will do anything for her. It makes sense unless you are actively trying to fight it.

I was expecting the turn at Lockdown when Hemme got into the cage.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    When did he abuse her? He was obsessed with her. Hemme turns heel knowing he will do anything for her. It makes sense unless you are actively trying to fight it.

I was expecting the turn at Lockdown when Hemme got into the cage.

You even mentioned Lockdown, when he physically dragged her through the hole in the cage. He knocked Anderson into her which knocked her out (and he then proceeded to kidnap her). He cornered her backstage, harassed her and stole some of her hair. Her turning heel would be so groan worthy - not to mention the volumes it would speak about how TNA creative see women.

You even mentioned Lockdown, when he physically dragged her through the hole in the cage. He knocked Anderson into her which knocked her out (and he then proceeded to kidnap her). He cornered her backstage, harassed her and stole some of her hair. Her turning heel would be so groan worthy - not to mention the volumes it would speak about how TNA creative see women.

Forgot the Anderson bit but that was accidental.

None of the rest I would consider abuse seeing as it's pro wrestling, a sport that involves beating up people.

TNA World Tag Team Titles
    The Wolves (Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards) vs. champion The BroMans (Robbie E, Jessie Godderz and DJ Zema Ion)
    8.jpg

I'm more convinced than ever that they forgot they had this PPV. Hardly anything has been built enough to be on PPV. This week's show was almost the exact opposite of what a go home show should be like. It felt like a mid range show.

My predictions:

Magnus def Young - Young has done nothing since winning the title, much like Sabin last year. It's a nothing reign that will end as soon as it began.

Rayne def Love - Love has only just come back and has been getting the better of Rayne on Impact. That usually means a PPV loss. Would be surprised if the title changed hands already.

Roode def Bully - I'm torn on this, but think their is more mileage in it, hence why I'd say Roode is going over. Bully wins next time out.

Gunner def Storm - Unlike the previous, this should be the feud ender. Gunner needs the win.

Angle & Willow def Carter & Spud - Again, I'm torn on this. If it was just Angle vs Carter, I'd say Carter easily, but the addition of Spud, who pretty much only exists to lose, makes me think otherwise.

Sanada def Uno - Uno got hardly a mention on Impact while Sanada has been getting video packages almost every week. Pretty obvious who they want to push more.

Shaw def Anderson - Unlike Anderson, Shaw actually has a character and a storyline. I think this could be the end for Anderson. Not like he will be missed. Bar the Lockdown match with Angle he has been a waste of money.

Wolves def BroMans - Probably the easiest to call. BroMans have been sneaking victories left and right and screwing the Wolves at every opportunity. Anything other than new champions would be retarded.

Anderson renewed his contract last October so he'll still be around. Plus he's fresh off one of the best feuds of his career against Bully (though then naturally follows it up with one of the worst of his career but this one isn't really his fault).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Have the Sanada/Uno matches been any use?

Have the Sanada/Uno matches been any use?

4-6 minutes matches used as backdrop to talk about storylines. Not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

4-6 minutes matches used as backdrop to talk about storylines. Not really.

Pity. Two fresh faces with different looks fighting over a once prestigious belt, was the only match that grabbed my attention on that card!

COMMITTED MATCH AHOY

Pretty good opener, lacked near falls. Next up: trainwreck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That is no way to speak to a lady Mr. Shaw.

Mon Hemme's heel turn

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What a waste of time

Really terrible crowd for the Storm/Gunner match.

That ref bump in the tables match...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

What the **** just happened.

That finish of the tables match...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That finish of the tables match...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    As this show's gone on, I've regretted staying up more and more :P That was just so stupid.

• Advertisement

So this happened:
    BmRl9evCEAAdC_C.png

Advertisement