Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts as 2nd choice on my CAO

Options
  • 16-04-2014 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm doing my leaving cert this year and am aiming for computer science in UCC, hopefully I will get the points required for that, but I'm having some second thoughts regarding my current second choice; Software development in CIT.
    I was extremely underwhelmed by CIT at their open day, so therefore I'm considering going in a completely different direction if I don't get CS as I can only stay in Cork, and I'm just wondering on what your opinions are regarding arts. Is it really as useless as some people make it sound? Is it interesting? Is it difficult? Are the hours long? I really wouldn't consider long hours as a negative, I enjoy working and would consider myself as having good work ethic.
    I really love reading and writing, and I would think of myself as having a high level of English, so therefore my aim would be to do arts with English if I did end up doing arts, any info on this would also be appreciated :)
    Also, is arts the only course one could really consider as an English-orientated course?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KingaC1401

There if alot of work in English in arts.. you get assignment nearly every month but they are only 1,000 words each and pretty straight-forward.. Regardless what people think of arts, it is quite a difficult course as its such a change from secondary school subjects and its hard to manage your study time with all the college activities. Regarding hours, I only had 14 hours a week, but it also depends on the subjects you choose. I haven't heard of anyone having more than 20 hours a week in Arts anyways

Advertisement