Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Help !!! Urgently needed

Options
  • 16-04-2014 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I'm in a situation where I am aiming for 500-ish in the leaving cert but don't do a third language and need to pass OL Irish for the leaving. My Irish teacher Is a nut-job and has seen everyone's grade drop , I failed the mocks with a whopping 21% and Would greatly appreciate if someone knowledgeable of the course could give me a guideline of what I can learn off / prepare in order to get the pass. Thanks in advance
    Andy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Did you do a mock oral? If not that should bring it up a good bit assuming you were able to string some words together.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭AirsoftAndy

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭missguided

First off try to improve your basic tenses, the amount of people who don't know basic A.C/A.L/A.F endings and verbs is crazy! Once you've done this writing things will seem much easier. It's such a simple thing that so many people seem to neglect.

Comprehensions are quite a lot of marks, so practise these as much as you can. Make sure you know simple things like the different question words and vocab.

I'm in honours but I just looked at the pass prós/filíocht and it is mainly describing what happened and the different characters e.g. in 2013 'Déan cur síos ar Paul' (describe Paul) 'Cad a tharlaíonn ag deireadh an ghearrscannáin' (what happens at the end of the short film). If you have any summaries of the different poems and stories try to concentrate on these :)

Advertisement