Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

backdated disability

Options
  • 15-04-2014 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I was awardered disability after waiting 6 months and 3 medical assesments . i was getting 124 and 29.80 for my son as my partner was claiming for me. My new rate is 217 . I was sent a letter saying the arrears will be issued at a later date. My first disability payment was this week . So the arrears are added up and the money he claimed for me is subtracted. How long until it is backdated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grey_Goose

21200915 wrote: »
    I was awardered disability after waiting 6 months and 3 medical assesments . i was getting 124 and 29.80 for my son as my partner was claiming for me. My new rate is 217 . I was sent a letter saying the arrears will be issued at a later date. My first disability payment was this week . So the arrears are added up and the money he claimed for me is subtracted. How long until it is backdated?

Hello
    To the best of my knowledge it is backdated to the date Social Welfare received your Application.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grey_Goose

21200915 wrote: »

Hello
    To the best of my knowledge it is backdated to the date Social Welfare received your Application. You may have to ring SW in Longford to find out if there is a delay in the paying out of this.

Advertisement