Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking out a lease

Options
  • 15-04-2014 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just a general question, have been room hunting in cork city on daft the past month and to be honest, the selection ain't great, so am considering taking out a lease on a 2 bed 2 bathroom apartment of which there are a few. Obviously i would have to find a tenant for the spare room but how difficult is that? Has anyone else had experience with this? Especially for my age bracket of 34.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hi I used to team up side of daft before and well I did meet with two lads who were grandish, one was a muppet really and one wasn't. But it does work perhaps you could give this a shout, or maybe someone will ans on this. Rental properties seems to have gone pot either too pricey or just crap.. Is it just cork city you are looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 3 barricade1980

thanks milly, alot of overpriced places on Daft, some of them are like the house in Fightclub and are asking for 400, outrageous. have no problem paying 4-500 for a room in a 2 bed house or apartment, once its a nice spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Mad isn't it.. ill send you a pm there just incase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

If you manage to find a two bed for a very good price then you should have no problems getting another tennant. Just make sure that the landlord won't have any problems with amending the PRTB form once you've found the other tennant. There is a very small charge for this. However, I was in a similar situation a few years ago when I enquired with Choices. They informed me that they would charge something like €200. I crossed all of their properties off of my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 barricade1980

thanks Lemag, no idea that they would do that, dealt with choices before and found them fine to deal with, but i will press on with the hunt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement