Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing Estate - County Council

Options
  • 15-04-2014 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

How do I know if a housing estate is taken over by Limerick County Council, Is there a list available online? The Street light bulb is blown and needs replacing and I rang public lighting and was told they have no record of housing estate on his list?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

The Councils Environment Dept should be able to tell you

Give one of the people running in the upcoming local election a call, sad to say but that's probably the quickest way to get it sorted whether the estate is taken in charge or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Not sure how you find out the answer to your query but who did you ring about the light it is AirTricitys responsibility to replace bulbs now but they love to pass the buck and you will be waiting weeks for them to get round to it as they will refuse to do it until they have a crew in the area.

If your area is not under council control then surely you shouldn't be paying your household charges as it would come under as been unfinished and therefore exempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Thanks lads. Yep, it was AirTricity who I was on to, and they give me a long winded story that estate not on his list and he would have to contact his manager who will get back to me. That was 2 months ago, I know its nothing major, but still.

Yeah, we got 10+ leaflets in the door already, next time one comes around, I will say it to them. Shouldn't have to do it in this day in age......

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The easiest way to tell is if the street light has a number marked on it (usually numbers in black with a yellow background about half way up the pole). If the street light doesn't have a number on it then usually it means they are not under the management of Airtricity or whoever looks after their maintenance.

If it is not covered then contact your local councillor and ask them to chase it, they should be eager to sort these things out with local elections pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Is the estate Oakwood by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Thanks bazz, yep, it is numbered, and they asked for the number.

Nope, its not Oakwood, but I am guessing they are in the same boat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You can also log a fault on their website which includes finding your estate, just incase the person on the other end of the phone made a mistake:

http://airtricitysolutions.com/Content.aspx?key=report-fault

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭McSween

djsim101 wrote: »
    Thanks bazz, yep, it is numbered, and they asked for the number.

Nope, its not Oakwood, but I am guessing they are in the same boat :)

Is it in Raheen?

Advertisement