Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth lecture hours

Options
  • 15-04-2014 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm trying to decide to put science in Maynooth or Trinity as my first optioning my CAO. I'm leaning more towards Maynooth as I preferred the college but the only think off putting was there seems to have very little hours a week. So I was just wondering what course would be better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

If you're doing Science in Maynooth I'm sure you'll have as many lecture hours as you can handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭deex

Wha! First year Science in NUIM has looooads of hours! If youre just looking at a lecture timetable you might see lots of blank spaces, but they'll quickly be filled up by long labs, tutorials, etc.

Dunno anything about Trinity but I do Science in Maynooth and I'd recommend it to anyone, deadly buzz. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

I'm trying to decide to put science in Maynooth or Trinity as my first optioning my CAO. I'm leaning more towards Maynooth as I preferred the college but the only think off putting was there seems to have very little hours a week. So I was just wondering what course would be better?

It may appear from looking at the timetables that there's very little hours, but trust me there's loads. The timetables don't include labs, tutorials etc. You can expect to add on 3 hours for chemistry lab, 3 hours for biology lab, 2 hours for physics, an hour for maths tutorial, an hour for physics tutorial and an hour for chemistry tutorial.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Aye, agreed with both above, you'll be begging for hours off in first year! Also you'll have a maths assignment every week, a chemistry write up and a physics write up after every lab! So any free time goes to those.

Depending on what you choose in 2nd year there is still a possibility of 3 labs and tutorials or 2 labs plus maths.

The trend pretty much continues through the years 4th year has few lectures but with the thesis, mid semester exams in some subjects and advanced practicals and professional modules, all of which are evaluated through a write up or end of module exam there is little dossing time :)

I'd recomend this course to anyone but have found the best year (unfortunately) is 4th year w/o a doubt :)

Advertisement