Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos easter deal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭gipi

Thanks for the link, picked up one of these today. For anyone heading to Argos, the general search/browse facility in the Argos store didn't show this tablet, it showed the 8GB version. I had to open this thread to got the ref number. Once I keyed it in, I saw the 16GB tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Is it any good how does it compare with the samsung tab?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Well worth that price.

Have been using one now for a while and its excellent, cannot fault it one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Is it any good how does it compare with the samsung tab?

The 7" 3?

This has higher resolution screen, faster processor, more memory... Yes. It's better.

I even prefer this over a Nexus7 (2012), it's a great little tablet.

...but at under €90, it's tempting alright. :Dhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057191649

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

After researching my options here on boards and elsewhere, I went ahead and bought an Asus Memopad yesterday from Argos. €120 (including your €10 voucher back) is brilliant value for something I have a feeling will get lost/broken when I give it away. I haven't had much time since to really play with it but Google Play store looks good and this tablet can use the Sky Go app, which was my main concern. I have an iPad mini myself which is in my opinion the gold standard. But even a refurb for iPad mini is €250, and this one is half its price for the same 'experience'. I also feel 'safer' having bought in a local store rather than going for the Asda/tesco direct/Dabs/Zavvi options of getting a bargain but having the fear it won't make it through Parcel Motel &/or customs. So as a decent excellent priced tablet for anyone but especially children/people who might not be that responsible, then I'd recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I have an Asus Memopad also and like it alot, very solid piece of hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Anyone know how well this would run minecraft? The little fellow plays on PC but a few friends play on tablets. Mostly on iPads though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

MRTULES wrote: »
    Anyone know how well this would run minecraft? The little fellow plays on PC but a few friends play on tablets. Mostly on iPads though.

Yes, my little one has the 32gig version of this and plays MC without issue...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

slave1 wrote: »
    Yes, my little one has the 32gig version of this and plays MC without issue...

Much appreciated. I know a bit about phones and PCs but very little about the tablets. This will be my first purchase. Can you compare a tablet to a phone? If so, how would this stack up against a moto g?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

MRTULES wrote: »
    Much appreciated. I know a bit about phones and PCs but very little about the tablets. This will be my first purchase. Can you compare a tablet to a phone? If so, how would this stack up against a moto g?
    Thanks.

Yes a tablet is very like a smartphone for all intents and purposes. The main difference overall is that the screen is bigger. And of course, there will be apps that are tablet-specific so they wouldn't work on your phone. No doubt others will add to this list....
    You'll still be typing on an onscreen keyboard & touching the screen to open apps. The battery life is similarly crap but tablets are a bit better. So you'll easily make the transition from phone to tablet ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

Cheers Gerry26, picked one up today..delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

where is the 10 euro voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭gipi

If you spend more than 100 Euro in Argos, you get a 10 Euro voucher to use with your next purchase - has to be used within a month or so. I got the voucher with my receipt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Some good deals.

Advertisement