Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does GMIT galway have its own version of the HEAR scheme?

Options
  • 15-04-2014 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

I know that a lot of colleges have there own version of the HEAR (Such as sligo IT) but what about GMIT in galway? Does it have any sort of program that will lower the points of one of your chosen courses at GMIT galway?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

spurious wrote: »
    Does this lower the points for my course or does it just give me scholship and money?

also when does CAO open up again?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Badwulf wrote: »
    Does this lower the points for my course or does it just give me scholship and money?
    Did you actually read it? :)

Under criteria for selection it says:

"Leaving Certificate points within 50 points of the 2014 first round cut-off point for the chosen programme."

In other words, assuming you meet the conditions specified, you can be admitted at up to 50 points less than the cut-off points in the CAO first round.

You should probably re-read the conditions carefully, and make sure you complete the application form / supply supporting docs etc. before the deadline of 1st May!
    Badwulf wrote: »
    also when does CAO open up again?
    The schedule of dates is in your CAO handbook, or online on the CAO website here.

Advertisement