Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medion 10.1" Netbook €220 delivered (ASDA + Parcel Motel)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

The wife and her mother bought two of these at Christmas, I would not recommend them to anyone. Seriously slow when running anything, I even found web browsing slower than it should be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Senna wrote: »
    The wife and her mother bought two of these at Christmas, I would not recommend them to anyone. Seriously slow when running anything, I even found web browsing slower than it should be.

That's very unfortunate. Thanks for letting us know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Uninstall the antivirus and it'll zip along nicely (bro got one, I helped him set it up.) It's very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

it has Office too, right?

I don't know how this performs, but i have a new atom convertible tablet/netbook with windows 8.1 (asus t100) and it fairly flies along! it won't beat my lappy, but it'll take the pepsi challenge with an ipad any day .. plus Office :-)

picked it up for $250 is best buy in the US :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I don't want to ruin the thread but this yoke was selling for 149 quid 5 weeks ago. It's 169 at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

padyjoe wrote: »
    I don't want to ruin the thread but this yoke was selling for 149 quid 5 weeks ago. It's 169 at the moment.

I didn't see you post that when it was on. Musta missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Hooray for Captain Hindsight :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The performance of that netbook is shockingly poor due to the particular AMD CPU used. Literally no use other than watching the odd video and writing documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I'm sorry for not letting you know! But I didn't think it was a good value even at 149 and not a big fan of AMD chips either. I had more against it than for. Didn't bother posting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭cassette50

I bought it a couple of weeks ago (€191 delivered) to replace my old Samsung NC10.

It's perfect for web browsing, watching movies and listening to music. Boots up quickly.

Just remove the anti-virus and Ashampoo software and update it to Windows 8.1 - it makes a huge difference.

It also comes packaged with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.

The touchscreen is more useful than I thought it would be.

The only negative is the keyboard - small shift keys take some getting used too.

Very happy with my purchase.

• Advertisement
Advertisement