Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

baits

Options
  • 15-04-2014 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

How much should you be paying for black lug these days and red king rag I haven't been sea fishing for some time now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭flounder

I pay 10euro for 12 frozen black lug and 4.50 for 20 ragworm

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Red snapper

Cheers man I appreciate de feedback...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rubyfynn

dig up ur bait thats the best a good long fork is all u need

There's not really anywhere in the midlands that ye can dig your own.. However I will be heading through Wexford town that day...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rubyfynn

oh didnt know u in midlands

• Advertisement

You might want to ring a tackle shop and order some bait before you get there. With the good weather there's a lot of people out fishing.
    I wouldn't bother getting frozen black lug, stick with the fresh ragworm, lug and crab

Cheers man I ordered 60rag frm a cycle shop in Wexford how mad does dat sound.. It's 5.50 for 20 rag...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Be careful digging lads. The locals who fish a lot have their own areas they dig and won't be happy about you coming into their county and digging on their patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Be careful digging lads. The locals who fish a lot have their own areas they dig and won't be happy about you coming into their county and digging on their patch.

Nobody can tell you not to dig anywhere, people died in this country for independence, tell people to F off, if there start ranting off bull****...

No matter where I ever dug bait the only thing I ever got of other anglers is a wave or friendly chat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I have dug bait all over the country and in over 50 years nobody has ever said anything to me other than to wish me well or even to point out a better spot nearby if it's an area I am unfamiliar with. Always a friendly wave from any others digging in the area. Nobody can tell anybody where to dig or not in this country and, in my experience, would never do so anyway.
    I find very much that anglers are very friendly towards other anglers.

Advertisement