Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is she interested in me or just drunk?

Options
  • 14-04-2014 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Deep down Im not the most confident of guys and so I tend to hold back a bit and question myself a lot with women. Would be grateful if you could offer some advice.

So there is a girl that I know through a mutual friend, met her two or three times at parties. When shes drunk she definitely seems interested in me (although I didnt realise that at first). I seen her out on Friday night and we were all over each other, but we were both way too drunk.

She invited herself home with me, I was too drunk and I knew that 'it' would not be working tonight and I just fell asleep. I woke up and we were both fully clothed and cuddling on top of the bed. I was woke by my phone ringing and I had to leave right away. She invited me for breakfast but I couldnt!

So we never really got to finish anything off :( I sent her a few snapchats but got no reply and I text her Saturday and got a few decent replies before she just stopped.

I know from the friends that she has been really interested in another guy the last while (a guy who is a lot better looking than me) and hes into her but I dont think anything actually happened with them... I do know theyre best friends on snapchat.

So no contact from her since and I dont want to look desperate texting again if she stopped with no reply the last time...the last text was a reply to her after she said she was an amazing dancer or something like that and I replied that she was going to have to bring me out sometime to prove it... Then no further contact.

But then just a few hours ago she put up a few photos on facebook of her night out... 2 or 3 with the two of us and then one with her kissing me on the neck...

Which got me thinking maybe she is still into me and it wasnt just the drink but then there hasnt been much sober suggestion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Ask her out on a date. Be really clear that it is a date. Don't mess around with texts or snapchats.

If she says yes, great. If she says no or there is silence, there is your answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Hey Guys,

Deep down Im not the most confident of guys and so I tend to hold back a bit and question myself a lot with women. Would be grateful if you could offer some advice.

So there is a girl that I know through a mutual friend, met her two or three times at parties. When shes drunk she definitely seems interested in me (although I didnt realise that at first). I seen her out on Friday night and we were all over each other, but we were both way too drunk.

She invited herself home with me, I was too drunk and I knew that 'it' would not be working tonight and I just fell asleep. I woke up and we were both fully clothed and cuddling on top of the bed. I was woke by my phone ringing and I had to leave right away. She invited me for breakfast but I couldnt!

So we never really got to finish anything off :( I sent her a few snapchats but got no reply and I text her Saturday and got a few decent replies before she just stopped.

I know from the friends that she has been really interested in another guy the last while (a guy who is a lot better looking than me) and hes into her but I dont think anything actually happened with them... I do know theyre best friends on snapchat.

So no contact from her since and I dont want to look desperate texting again if she stopped with no reply the last time...the last text was a reply to her after she said she was an amazing dancer or something like that and I replied that she was going to have to bring me out sometime to prove it... Then no further contact.

But then just a few hours ago she put up a few photos on facebook of her night out... 2 or 3 with the two of us and then one with her kissing me on the neck...

Which got me thinking maybe she is still into me and it wasnt just the drink but then there hasnt been much sober suggestion.

First because of the whole snapchat thing I assume your quite young? A student maybe?

First of all you need to have more confidence in yourself! I think from reading what you said that she is at least somewhat into you.

The only thing really to suggest that she wasnt into you was the fact that she didnt reply to your text message more or less asking her out. Everything else seems good. Maybe shes just not as confident when sober either? Or is wondering why you didnt sleep with her.

Id say maybe give it a few days and text her again? Or if you would maybe see each other through friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

OP I think she sounds interested in you but isn't sure if the feeling is mutual. I think you need to step up your game a little. As Dipdip said, ask her out. The worst thing that can happen is she says no and in that case you can move on. You're never going to know if you don't try!

Advertisement