Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pollock around this time?

Options
  • 14-04-2014 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

After seeing the sun today i decided id head out around either Kinsale or Youghal tomorrow to cast some feathers/spinners for a few pollock.

Is there much chance of actually catching some at this time? Would there be any other fish that would take to the feathers?

I dont do a lot of sea fishing so any info is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

After seeing the sun today i decided id head out around either Kinsale or Youghal tomorrow to cast some feathers/spinners for a few pollock.

Is there much chance of actually catching some at this time? Would there be any other fish that would take to the feathers?

I dont do a lot of sea fishing so any info is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

We got pollock and mackerel earlier than this last year so I would say there is a good chance of catching pollock
    I have seen photos of mackerel caught this week around cork so they might well be there too

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I caught two nice Pollock off Dunmore East on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

Cheers lads.I went out the other but didnt have much luck.Ill go again tomorrow i think.Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

Cheers lads.I went out the other but didnt have much luck.Ill go again tomorrow i think.Thanks again

Where u going to try? Pm me if u don't want to broadcast it lol I know a great spot

Advertisement