Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel reccommendation on the South Side of Limerick!

Options
  • 14-04-2014 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm looking for a hotel on the outskirts of Limerick city ( South side) which would be good for to stay for a business trip. I will be driving from Cork city and heading to Ennis the next day so want to avoid going into the city centre? any recommendations? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

Strand Hotel is decent. Its on Ennis Road on the river. Only 5 mins drive to the outer ring, so better to stay in town.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Never stayed in a hotel in Limerick, but just based on location, you could try the clarion hotel, the greenhills hotel, travel lodge, and the radisson.

There's also a couple of hotels in Shannon if you're interested, the Oak Wood Arms, and the Shannon Court hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

The South Court Hotel would be most suitable given the information you have provided in my opinion.

The south court. It's just off the M20 which you will drive up coming from cork. When you're going to Ennis, you can jump back on the M20 towards the tunnel and bypass the city and you'll be in Ennis in 10 or 15 mins.

Edit: Just beaten too it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

you'll be in Ennis in 10 or 15 mins.

10 or 15 to Shannon. Ennis would be about half an hour ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 bear79

Thanks The South Court seems a rally good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

The southcourt on the south side is about your only option. But you could also look at the maldron

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

The southcourt on the south side is about your only option. But you could also look at the maldron

Maldron would be a nightmare for the op to get to, it's just of the M20/M7/N18 interchange, but there's no exit for it.

The op would have to get off at dooradoyle and make his way around to it. Southcourt is definitely the best option for what he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Unfortunately for the maldron source is right in his post. I have heard its a nice hotel. But it could be a nightmare to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

you could take the tunnel and get off at caherdavin exit. 2 options there. greenhills and travellodge. it a straight road to ennis from both those hotels. otherwise you try raddison or bunratty hotels on way to ennis

• Advertisement
Advertisement