Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway wedding venue.

Options
  • 13-04-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Guys this is my first post on boards and hope I can get some help or information off people.

Just got engaged and thinking of having wedding reception in Galway. Was wondering if anyone on this thread has any suggestions or opinions on venues.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

Hi Mrs.Poppins!

Congrats on the engagement that is great news.Galway is one of my favourite places and has some lovely wedding venues. If you are going for City Centre, The G, Menlo Park and Glenlo Abbey are all great venues with good staff, parking, nice food, etc... and I can vouch for their wedding staff and co-ordination.
    If you are looking to get to the countryside and swaying more towards wild Conamara then Delphi Mountain Resort cater for weddings as well and it might be an extra bit of travel for guests but it is truly a breathtaking place.

I also like The Salthill Hotel but it is almost 2 years since I was there for a wedding so can't vouch for it's recent performance. The Twelve seem to have a fab track record with weddings as well but, again, can't personally vouch for it.
    Did a ceremony last year in Brigit's Garden, near Roscahill. Much smaller idea but really sweet, rustic and a gorgeous back drop for photos. Low numbers though so I don't know if this would suit.

Hope this helps and congrats again... can you tell I love Galway?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭berrecka

Hi Mrs P., and congrats!

What size of wedding are you considering? What time of year? What kind of budget? Are you thinking hotel or something different?

As AoifeC says, there are lots of options hotel-wise, and I agree, town, Salthill and Connemara all have a lot to offer, and were all locations we considered too. There are also some nice country houses in East Galway as well.

We got engaged in December, and are both from Galway so we explored a lot of options and know the offerings pretty well.

Id gladly help out if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭cailinardthair

Hi and congrats.....I've been to a wedding in the galway bay hotel which was great. My mom has gone to one in Gleno Abby and she said it was one of the best from the church to the food.
    If your thinking conamara: abbey glen, ballynhinch castle and cashel house are lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mrs. poppins

Thanks for replies.

Think we will probably stick closer to the city/ salthill. I seen there is a wedding fair on in both Salthill Hotel and Galway bay hotel this weekend so will pop into both and see how I feel about those two venues for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 happyoutgrand

I've been to wedding in Galway Bay, Salthill hotel, radisson and hoping to get married in/ around Galway too but would prefer smaller venue as numbers will be about 100/120. How were the wedding fairs ? Good ideas and tips?
    Would love to hear more about venues in Galway, have heard good things about the twelve but no personal experience.

• Advertisement
Advertisement