Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5 insurance

Options
  • 13-04-2014 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Firstly, apologies for this being the third thread in a short space of time, losing my phone with no insurance has been a bit of shock to the system and I'd like to try get it fixed asap.

I'd like to get a nexus 5, it would more than satisfy my needs. However looking at insurers such as Chill or mobilecover they're looking for €15 per month, the same price that would cost to insure a the new HTC one M8 which clearly are different priced phones.

Gadget insurance seem to provide very reasonable insurance but however I read on one of the threads that replacing the phone with the same model would be unlikely as it's not available Ireland. This thread was probably before google started shipping to Ireland. I'm not sure now if things would be different.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

hughesga wrote: »
    Firstly, apologies for this being the third thread in a short space of time, losing my phone with no insurance has been a bit of shock to the system and I'd like to try get it fixed asap.

I'd like to get a nexus 5, it would more than satisfy my needs. However looking at insurers such as Chill or mobilecover they're looking for €15 per month, the same price that would cost to insure a the new HTC one M8 which clearly are different priced phones.

Gadget insurance seem to provide very reasonable insurance but however I read on one of the threads that replacing the phone with the same model would be unlikely as it's not available Ireland. This thread was probably before google started shipping to Ireland. I'm not sure now if things would be different.

The nexus 5 is available in Ireland via the play store and through a few of the networks

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hughesga

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    The nexus 5 is available in Ireland via the play store and through a few of the networks

Yes I was in a three store earlier today there and they're selling the nexus 5 for around €440 PAYG and and their insurance costs the same amount (approx €14 p/month) to insure the HTC M8 (€600 PAYG) per month. The Irish google store is selling the nexus for €350.

If you go here to the gadget insurance website (http://www.gadgetinsurance.com/ie/) you can just fill out the phone and the price range. I'm guessing its ok to put it in the 251 - 400 euro price range but I'm unsure if they will replace it with a brand new nexus if it ever breaks completely. I guess I'll have to try ring them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hughesga

Also forgot to mention, I may be working abroad (most likely UK) in the near future so being tied into a contract in this country would not be a good idea. If I bought a HTC one M8 PAYG with 3 would they be easy enough to unlock?

Advertisement