Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloth for Polishing Boots

Options
  • 13-04-2014 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I read that its best to get a soft cloth to polish boots but didn't known where to buy one, if anyone could recommend a place that'd be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

How about some worn out clothing? preferably cotton.... Teeshirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yes an over-washed cotton t-shirt is the best thing to use, you can buy soft cloths in any supermarket (for example microfibre cleaning cloths) but very soft cotton clothing is better IMO, and free! Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

There is those yellow cloths for polishing.They are super soft but they kinda leave so fluff

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ChaosD

Hey guys, thanks so much for all the responses, will try to get one this week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Just get a pair of old tights. They work brilliantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ChaosD

Tights? Wow, I've never heard of that, sounds really interesting shall try it :D Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

ChaosD wrote: »
    Tights? Wow, I've never heard of that, sounds really interesting shall try it :D Thank you!!

Yes, just apply shoe polish and use some cheap nylon tights to polish the shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Yep tights! My hubbie uses my laddered ones for polishing his army boots! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Any old worn out t-shirt, pillowcase, or bed sheet can be torn up for polishing rags. No need for fancy, but if you are in a shop, those yellow dusters are also perfect.

Advertisement