Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.C. Music Grind.

Options
  • 13-04-2014 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hello!

I'm looking for Leaving Cert. Music grinds for my daughter, as her school's banding doesn't allow her to do it internally. A real pity, as she loves her school's Music teacher!

She has Grade 7 level Piano and J.C. Music etc. She is passionnate about music and might do it in College, so will work for a very good result. She will enter 5th Year in September.

I know the Salerno girls go to a specific lady. I heard of another lady doing it.

Any recommendations though from personal or near personal experience?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

NUIG SU has a grinds register.
    http://services.su.nuigalway.ie/grind_adverts/

Currently there are no tutors listed for music but I guess you could keep an eye out there, or even poster around the university. You might find someone suitable who needs a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Try asking her music teacher if she would do grinds outside of school, especially if she likes her.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galwaymother

Thanks for the idea with NUIG, though there is no Music Department there!

As my daughter wants to do very well, she needs somebody very experienced, not just somebody who did it themselves for the Leaving Cert. (though they might be great at teaching it, it would be hard to judge...).

A regular grind is expensive, I want to be sure I am getting a great teacher! ;)

Her teacher is an extremely busy lady, but we might ask her. Their relationship is close, I don't want her teacher to feel obliged to give her classes. She already said they would miss my daughter in Music class! My daughter feels really bad about not being able to be part of the wonderful Music classes. The Music students are like a little community in her school.

We'll see in September when the new timetable is up, maybe it is possible...

Advertisement