Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Following Norville

Options
  • 13-04-2014 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Following Norville Curragh 5:00

Norville is a horse I’ve been following for a few runs now at these big Curragh Sprint’s and I think it is only a matter of time for him to win on this year. I’ll be backing him each time until he does hopefully at big prices. He is down to a very low mark now of 70 and has a good 5lbs claimer on today. It remains to be seen if he can produce first time out but if he if fit he should be involved, given his other runs in these last year when he possibly didn’t get a lot of luck in running a few times. 33/1 is bigger than I expected and worth of a decent bet.

2 Points EW 33/1 Ladbrokes/Coral

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

There's loads in the 5:00 who look incredibly well handicapped, but I am going to be boring and pick the favourite. Missed the 10's this morning due to dawdling, but still on at 8/1 which I think is a nice price considering how close the horse went yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Think yesterday's race was much weaker than this. I have an eye on Norville but think it'll be a bad race he wins not a Curragh handicap. Same with Seal Rock who was backed off the boards last time

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Dysios in the 3-20 Curragh. Formerly trained by Luca Cumani this horse has done well since joining Cullens yard winning races over both hurdles and on the level. Its most recent victory was in a decent race over Christmas at Leopardstown.

Joseph O'Brien takes the ride again today and his strike rate of two wins from three rides for the stable one of which was on Dysios back in October makes me feel that the horse has a chance today and 16/1 looks a nice e-way price

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Think there's juice in 6\4 Alive Alive Oh. Bolgers the only one to best I think, and was never convinced by Parish Hall. She gets a nice bit of cut and I would be expecting her to take this en route to bigger things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Think there's juice in 6\4 Alive Alive Oh. Bolgers the only one to best I think, and was never convinced by Parish Hall. She gets a nice bit of cut and I would be expecting her to take this en route to bigger things.

Ya I took 2/1 this morning before the Lincoln winner came out.

• Advertisement

Annoyed I missed it alright, think 6\4 from Coral is very decent, and I've had what I can on.

Ectot back out today one I'm really looking forward to seeing. Not a chance would I be backing him over a mile especially against that other colt that won the Lagadere

Annoyed I missed it alright, think 6\4 from Coral is very decent, and I've had what I can on.

Ya I reckon that's fair Coral is who I got the 2s with to.
    Stacks are generally primed to go this time of year which was the convincing factor for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I backed in salutem last year a couple of times without getting rich. He has dropped down the weights a bit and has a bit of experience in these big handicaps. Should be fit from his spins on the aw and handles the ground. Going to give him one last try ew 20/1.

We'd have to be worried about the drift now considering connections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Desperate drift. Hard to see her winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Nice ride on the winner.

Disgusting drift. Ah well.

Thought that was a great ride by Chris Hayes.
    Unlucky Aidan. Good Shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

I've never been convinced by Alive Alive Oh, she's one of those horses that wins one race well and who then keeps sucking in the bets based on that performance.

Parish Hall needs further, he's got a cup horse pedigree . I think he needs 1m5f+ and good ground to be seen at anywhere near his best and will be lumping on him if he ever gets sent over a suitable trip. He's not the most reliable, but he'll be a good price..:D

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Ectot back out today one I'm really looking forward to seeing. Not a chance would I be backing him over a mile especially against that other colt that won the Lagadere
    I remember having a conversation about him with you last Autumn, he's stoutly bred so that was a fine performance today. I wouldn't think he'd be fast enough to win a decent French 2,000 Guineas. He's a DI of 0.67 whereas his half brother Most Improved the St James Palace Stake winner has a DI of 1.22

Nice little family all the same. From 4 foals there are two GP 1 winners, a maiden winner and a Galileo colt yearling called Anka.

tryfix wrote: »
    I remember having a conversation about him with you last Autumn, he's stoutly bred so that was a fine performance today. I wouldn't think he'd be fast enough to win a decent French 2,000 Guineas. He's a DI of 0.67 whereas his half brother Most Improved the St James Palace Stake winner has a DI of 1.22

Nice little family all the same. From 4 foals there are two GP 1 winners, a maiden winner and a Galileo colt yearling called Anka.
    Yeah I thought maybe even the Jockey Club would be on the short side and would be a Grand Prix de Paris and Arc runner but he seems to be prepared for the Guineas. Would need a very strong pace the pace maker did a good job yesterday. Imagine a Guineas winner by Hurricane Run

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Yeah I thought maybe even the Jockey Club would be on the short side and would be a Grand Prix de Paris and Arc runner but he seems to be prepared for the Guineas. Would need a very strong pace the pace maker did a good job yesterday. Imagine a Guineas winner by Hurricane Run
    Well we've had a Montjeu Guineas winner in Camelot ( although a very poor one ) who had basically the same DI 0.68 as Ectot does.

Hurricane Run seems to be slightly less of a stamina influence than his own sire Montjeu.

Ectot has a half sister by Montjeu with a DI of 0.55, think she won a maiden at 10f as a three year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

2:15 Curragh

Norville is one I’ve followed in these big Curragh 6 Furlong sprints for a while now and we are in decent profit from his very good run last time out when he was 2nd at 33/1. He won’t be far away again here and although I was hoping for 20/1 with 5 places I’m happy enough with 20/1 and 4 places. He has only run ok twice since but they weren’t here and his record round here is very consistent. His odds of placing are about 2/1 so the 20/1 EW will have to be taken.

1 Point ew 20/1 Generally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Norville out again tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I'm the same with Seal Rock, only backed him once this season though. He is ready to strike soon in a poor six furlong race, won't be tomorrow at the Curragh badly drawn. Would like to see him drop another few I think he'll win by the end of the summer

Curragh 3:10

No explanation needed it a 6 furlong handicap at the Curragh and Norville is running at a decent price, so he has to be backed. He has been poor enough since his last great run there in a better race than this and has Conor King back on off only 1 lb. higher. We’ll know our fate early as if he is prominent early he stands a great chance of winning . 20/1 is worth the risk AGAIN.

1 Point EW 20/1 Tote/BetFred/Betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭del roy

powers paying the first 5 places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

5th, not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

was tipped up by kieran o connnell today, i think he will still be ahead of the handicapper though, interesting that it has only won over in lingfied and windsor
    tough little nut all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Norville out again tomorrow? Any thought? Find Doc Holiday at 8/1 good value with a valuable claimer onboard

Appreciate your thoughts

7:30 Fairyhouse

Here I go again over the cliff, Norville running in this weak looking affair. The negatives are its not the Curragh and its over 7 furlongs but 14/1 is too big as he is obviously in decent form give his good run at the weekend. I’ll go win only as I don’t think the place side is value.

2 Points win 14/1 Lads/Vic/Betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CH3OH

NORVILLE is actually the Timeform pick in the race

2 and 3 timeform are Strait of Zanzibar and the well backed today Doc Holliday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Just went in at 7/2 in Down Royal.

Why did Aidan leave?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭DiamondDave88

Can't believe I missed him today backed him every time adian put him up! paying too much attention on ascot!!

Advertisement