Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mower setup?

Options
  • 13-04-2014 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Just purchased a vicon 832 extra and I want to get it ready for the season. How do I set the tension on the springs for the floating bed? In the manual (which is ****) it says set it to 30 to 40 kgs ,does that sound right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭stop thelights

bikes wrote: »
    Just purchased a vicon 832 extra and I want to get it ready for the season. How do I set the tension on the springs for the floating bed? In the manual (which is ****) it says set it to 30 to 40 kgs ,does that sound right?

Ya that sound about right. We've a 1365 but I didn't bother with that I was told if can catch the bed and left it it too light. So just go a turn or two till you just can't lift it off the ground with your hands. You shouldn't be too far wrong. I knock round 300 acres for different people and I like to have it so it hits a stone it will bounce over it. Spares the machine. Clearly it's hopping the whole time then its too light. You'll get the hang of it alright. Well wear with mower hopefully you'll have luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bikes

Ya that sound about right. We've a 1365 but I didn't bother with that I was told if can catch the bed and left it it too light. So just go a turn or two till you just can't lift it off the ground with your hands. You shouldn't be too far wrong. I knock round 300 acres for different people and I like to have it so it hits a stone it will bounce over it. Spares the machine. Clearly it's hopping the whole time then its too light. You'll get the hang of it alright. Well wear with mower hopefully you'll have luck with it!

Thanks that's great help,I was thinking that if I got a basic scales under it and adjust.

Advertisement