Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beko Condenser Tumble Dryer not heating

Options
  • 13-04-2014 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Morning all,

I have a Beko condenser tumble dryer (model DCU 9330W) which is approx. 2 yrs old.Recently the dryer stopped heating the clothes. The drum is still rotating, the display readout and dials are working. I cleaned out any lint/fluff from the filter and condenser unit (there wasn't much to be honest). The heating element appeared to be intact but I didn't have a multimeter on hand to test the thermal overload cutout. In any event the replacement part is a complete heating element unit including cutout. I ordered this and fitted it but the dryer still isn't heating. Has anybody got any suggestions on where to go from here bar buying a brand new dryer!

Regards,
    Kevin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Without knowing the details of the machine, it could be the timer/ control board but it could be something as simple as a broken wire somewhere.

Have you tried the various programs, some are just time dependent others appear to sense the drying temperature?

Not testing the heating unit element has meant that you have already wasted money on buying the new one.

Without a multimeter you might as well just buy a new machine rather than buying various parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mccormackk

I agree, ended up wasting money by not being methodical. All of the programs appear to work as normal except for heat!

Advertisement