Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help !!! need ideas and advices

Options
  • 13-04-2014 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

My friend is the boss of a take away
    He's struggling because that the counter guy who work for him kept hunging up incoming phone orders so that he can do nothing and get paid , the thing is that he is the only counter worker my friend has and cannot find a replacement so he had to tolerate that workers act.

What should my friends do , the worker seems to know that my friend cannot lose him because no one could be found to replace him but amount of money my friend is earning is get very low , he might end up closing the take away .

Please help , give advice suggestions please , my friends is suffering from depression, I wish I could help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I wouldn't have thought a take away worker would be a hard person to replace. Why can't your friend man the phone orders himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Helenm98

I wouldn't have thought a take away worker would be a hard person to replace. Why can't your friend man the phone orders himself?

my friend is not fluent in English so he has problems taking orders and the fact is no matter what my friend can't fire that worker so I'm looking for a way to stop that worker from hunging the phone calls

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Have a friend or two ring up, try to place an order, if he hangs up, you have him.
    Give him a verbal warning, if he keeps it up, a written warning then and eventually if he keeps it up, you can fire him.
    Write up a disciplinary procedure and give him a copy.
    Keep notes and times of everything, especially meeting and action taken to protect yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Helenm98 wrote: »
    My friend is the boss of a take away
    He's struggling because that the counter guy who work for him kept hunging up incoming phone orders so that he can do nothing and get paid , the thing is that he is the only counter worker my friend has and cannot find a replacement so he had to tolerate that workers act.

What should my friends do , the worker seems to know that my friend cannot lose him because no one could be found to replace him but amount of money my friend is earning is get very low , he might end up closing the take away .

Please help , give advice suggestions please , my friends is suffering from depression, I wish I could help

Suggest your friend register with just-eat.ie or feedme.ie, or other online takeaway delivery services. That way he can get the orders via email. Keep looking for a replacement for the guy and fire him when one becomes available. Tell him to get a mobile so people can text their order in to him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Be careful, if he is an employee for 104 continuous weeks you maybe left exposed to unfair dismissal if you just fire him....get legal advice and follow it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement