Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beach Lifeguard 2014

Options
  • 13-04-2014 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm doing the beach lifeguard pre-employment swim tests this Friday for Fingal county council and for the first time. As part of the requirement we have to swim 200m in under 4 minutes. I could do this easily with my head underwater, but I am struggling immensely in trying to do this whilst keeping my head facing forward out of the water. I was just wondering if anyone who has done this test before could enlighten me to how strict they are about keeping your head facing forward?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Johannes 14

The 200m is just normal freestyle, you only keep your head out of the water when approaching to do the double from front and rear and they are only 25m approaches.

Pay and hours depend on the council and beach you work on.

Advertisement