Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New cattle tags.

Options
  • 12-04-2014 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hello.
    Just wondering what the procedure is for ordering new tags for the first calf to be registered in my herd?
    Do I need to tell mullinahone it's the first or will they automatically see it and send me the appropriate tag?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

They'll automatically see that you've never ordered tags for calves and start with 1.
    You can use any new unregistered tag you have to register any calf you have just so long as you register the calf with the number you put in the ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Would you not have to send them money for the quality of tags required first in the same wayway as longer established herds have to do. But you probably have already done so and so this post irrelevant. Thought i read somewhere that new herds issued with 10 tags to begin with, but that was years ago and probably changed since then

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Paddysniper

thanks for the info,
    ill go ahead and order them online so and they will figure the rest out.

Advertisement