Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to buy a quad in Galway or Mayo?

Options
  • 12-04-2014 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭

Looking for the ould fella at the moment, My preference would be for a Yamaha, automatic, with 2x & 4x selectable, would have to be 450cc+ to be any use to me. Is DD worth a shot or full of lemons?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

There is a lad beside me selling them if you are passing the way he would be worth a look anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

moy83 wrote: »
    There is a lad beside me selling them if you are passing the way he would be worth a look anyhow

Think I know the place, sells lawnmowers too, right hand side on the way in opposite a junction?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭eire23

Is Honda out of the question con? Personally id stay away from donedeal for the likes of a quad, better to go through a dealer. Get a warranty and the quad will have been checked over etc.

On another forum im on another fella bought a new yamaha about two years ago, think it was a 550. he put a post up lately saying he was very dissapointed with it. Heavy on diesel, poor build quality, muck getting in behind the panels and popping rivets and the seat keeps splitting in two and the headlights are being held in with tek screws. Worth bearing in mind imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

Noel lambert in Roscommon is Yamaha dealer. Dealed with him a few times. Find him on DD. Worth a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭foreman

Honda all the way..

We have one with close on 1500 hours.. All she gets is oil and filters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Think I know the place, sells lawnmowers too, right hand side on the way in opposite a junction?

No , and if its the same place I'm thinking of he is closed now .
    Keith Trill is the fella I'm on about , he is in rahoon .

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭ford 5600

Honda 300 here, dosent do much. Came from up your country. Man in Mulranny , sound to deal with. Reckon Honda a bit dearer for a reason , give very little hassle and if you do need anything , easy got . Dealers seem to stay with Honda once they get it, more so than the other makes. DONT take a present of a Chinise one whatever you do, made from plasticene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Try and stay localish if you can con because it will be easier with back up and servicing. As for the Yamaha Honda debate it's much of a muchness I'd say and personal preference as much as anything. I'd prefer the Honda myself but the Yamahas seem better value for money and are a bit more comfortable to drive aswell. Saying that I don't really like the independent suspension on them on the side of a hill. Find it a bit less stable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

peter in mulranny above Westport is your man 0876777569...

he only brings the best in from uk ,... no rubbish and great aftersales /service and I have no loyalty to him I just know 2 lads that bought from him.. any bother and run it up to him..

Advertisement