Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harley Medical Group Dublin

Options
  • 12-04-2014 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all just looking for some advice,

I had breast augmentation and uplift 1 and half years ago with the Harley Medical Group. I went from a a 32 b to a 32 e but they are not perky they look like natural droopy boobs, obviously I am not happy with this I paid over 8,250 for this surgery and now the company has gone into liquidation I don't know if there is anything I can do. I have tried for over 6 months to get in contact with anybody from their company to help me with my options but I have been passed from person to person and everyone I talk to tells me there not the right person to deal with and passes on further contact details. Is there anything I can do? Anyone in similar situation?

Thanks so so much

Ak x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - no medical advice is allowed. Please stick to the Consumer Issue at hand.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

tempted to ask for photos to be put up so that we can all judge the work, but I won't :)

If company is in liquidation, then really there's nothing you can do as I doubt if it would come under their medical indemnity insurance.

The indemnity insurance would probably be the only route, but as there is no "medical" issue and just an image issue, it is extremely unlikely to be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Akj86

skelligs wrote: »
    tempted to ask for photos to be put up so that we can all judge the work, but I won't :)

If company is in liquidation, then really there's nothing you can do as I doubt if it would come under their medical indemnity insurance.

The indemnity insurance would probably be the only route, but as there is no "medical" issue and just an image issue, it is extremely unlikely to be covered.

Thanks a lot
    After posting this I was contacted by the Uk harley Medical Group for what reasons I don't know because after nearly two weeks of phone calls and emails I had been given hope when one of the girls at their office told me I could be seen by a surgeon FOC once I could travel to Birmingham, which I agreed to, I was soon after told this was completely wrong and anything I needed would cost. I have received an email from the surgeon and after sending pictures his secretary/ assistance emailed back to tell me I could have the surgery needed to fix the problem if I travelled to South Africa FOC but when I replied to say this May interest me as I am uncomfortable whenever I have no support on she has not replied. Feeling very lost and let down. I am shocked how a company that performs such services and promises 10 year aftercare can just leave their patients with no where to turn!

Advertisement