Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost phone and security (email, evernote etc)

Options
  • 12-04-2014 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi i had my phone stolen last night. It was turned off when i tried to call it. Something just dawned upon me there. I had the gmail app on my phone. It never used to require me to sign in everytime using it. Same with evernote and probably a few other similar types of apps with private info. If you switch the phone off does the phone require sign in's for these type's of apps? I better change my passwords just in case..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

hughesga wrote: »
    Hi i had my phone stolen last night. It was turned off when i tried to call it. Something just dawned upon me there. I had the gmail app on my phone. It never used to require me to sign in everytime using it. Same with evernote and probably a few other similar types of apps with private info. If you switch the phone off does the phone require sign in's for these type's of apps? I better change my passwords just in case..

i recently setup my phone to require a pin after 30 minutes for this very reason; outlook, onedrive, youtube, gmail, boards, Facebook, there could be potential mayhem!
    i would probably still change every password though if my phone or laptop was stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement