Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

240GB M500 SATA 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive £79.99 @ Amazon UK

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

That's a great price! Might just pick one up.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Great drives. I keep putting off getting one, as I don't really have a need, but it's getting to the stage where I might just take the plunge!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

The 480GB version is very tempting also at £167.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

CarefulNow wrote: »
    The 480GB version is very tempting also at £167.

The 480's been down as low as £155 before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

shakedown wrote: »
    why do people feel the need to chime into a BA with the same aul "ah sure it was cheaper before" crap. As a poster rightly pointed out a few days back on this forum, "useless info, unless you have a time machine........"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

dodzy wrote: »
    why do people feel the need to chime into a BA with the same aul "ah sure it was cheaper before" crap. As a poster rightly pointed out a few days back on this forum, "useless info, unless you have a time machine........"

I would disagree. If its always 155 except at the moment, then its probable that it will be a similar price in the future. Pricing trends are an important part of bargain hunting

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

dodzy wrote: »

because it's likely it may come down again?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

shakedown wrote: »
    no it hasn't.

this is the lowest it's ever been:
    Mar 22, 2014 04:03 AM £159.99

Either way, they're a good price at any size at the moment, but the price is only going to come down more with time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got a Samsung last week and some difference in boot up compared to hdd in my xps laptop

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

I picked one of these up in the Amazon January sales, and I'm still impressed by it 3 months later. This is not the fastest drive on the market, but the difference between it and the current consumer favourite, the Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, is not enough to justify the current £20 price difference. Not even close!

If you are buying an SSD for the first time, this is the one to go for. It will breath new life into any system. It's cheap because the Samsung drives are faster and everybody knows that. If it wasn't cheap, it wouldn't sell simple as.

While it's true that this will continue to fall in price, now is the time to buy. Why put up with agonizingly long boot times or ridiculous load times in games or noisy disk thrashing, when you can make it all go away right now.

I also recommend following this guide to maximise your gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Got a flubit offer of £70.59, postage to parcelmotel of €3.50 makes it ~£73.50 versus an amazon price of ~£81.50 (after vat adjustment) means a further £8 or so saving.

Advertisement