Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think I just put myself in the friendzone?

Options
  • 12-04-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

There is this girl that Im really like, who I know through a friend, any time we go out she does be grinding on me and flirting... but for some reason I never try anything... I think I like her too much that Im afraid Ill ruin any chance

Anyway we all went to a party in a hotel the other night, we were hanging out of each other for a good part of the night, but for some reason I didnt even try to kiss her...

So the party was over and everyone was going back to her room for an after party, except when we got there she suggested that I bring her for a smoke then to my room, because she said she didnt want to leave me sleeping alone.

The thing was we went back to my room and I still didnt try anything, we got onto the bed and cuddled and I just fell asleep (I was really drunk). When I woke up she was hugging me in her sleep and all interlocked as happens.

I think the most I done was rub her boobs as we fell asleep, we had no chance to do anything because her friends came looking for her, invited me to breakfast and everything but I wasnt able to.

Found a few snapchats sent to people saying how much I love her (that she sent).

Since then we sent a few texts and snapchats but Im now afraid that I have ruined it and put myself in the friendzone.

Usually I have no problem flirting and getting things started (and often do so accidentally) but for some reason I get too nervous with this girl.

Dont really know what Im looking for here, just needed to write it down.

p.s. were both in our early 20s.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

How on earth did you find a few snapchats that she sent, aren't they supposed to disappear after sending?

Anyway, if you like the girl, call or text her and ask if she would like to meet up for a few drinks or a coffee. It's that simple. You're making things far more complicated than they really are. Be direct and you will have an answer, it mightn't be the one you want but it's an answer all the same and you won't spend any more time wondering 'what if?'. Going by what you've posted it does sound as if she likes you so I think you are in with a good chance! It doesn't sound like a typical friendzoning to me, normally you wouldn't get anywhere near rubbing her where you did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Just ask her would she like to go for a drink with you. She clearly likes you at least a little. What's the worst that could happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭valor rorghulis

The "Friendzone" is a myth.

Either she's into you or she isn't.

The idea that a girl would be into a guy but they're too close as friends is farcical, and only really perpetuated by girls who want the "friend" to keep paying them lots of attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

It seems to me like you are just panicking because you're really into her?

Based on what you said she is into you too (at least when drunk). It seems like she was trying hard to have you make a move - being all over you, taking you out for a smoke (in a hotel so I assume that's somewhere private) then saying she didn't want you to have to sleep alone.

I don't think it could be much clearer that she is into you, she practically told you she wanted to ****. What makes you think you ruined it?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Time Now Please

You got more than one opportunity to show her how you feel and you didn't go for it, it's giving her the impression that friendship is all you want, look, why don't you ask her out for a coffee and tell her how you really feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

You got more than one opportunity to show her how you feel and you didn't go for it, it's giving her the impression that friendship is all you want, look, why don't you ask her out for a coffee and tell her how you really feel.

All good points OP - but also watch your drinking when you are out. Getting into bed with someone you are not in a relationship with is not a good idea when you are "really drunk " for obvious reasons. Even apart from those reasons your state at the end of the evening meant you never resolved things with this girl. Why oh why can we Irish not get together sober?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Ask her our on a date when you're sober.

And just go for it - she appears to be giving you signs that she fancies you at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Grow
    A
    Pair

And ask her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Jack Skellington

You didn't try anything because you were afraid you'd ruin your chance, now you won't try anything because you're afraid you've already blown it, and you haven't even asked the girl anything! :)

If you don't ask her you definitely have no chance, so do it! From what you've said she seems really into you so stop all the thinking and just go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey guys,

Its the OP here.

I know in my head that I should just ask her out, but I just feel like I cant. The longer Im leaving it the more Im wussing out. She stopped replying to my snapchats, and I would be competing with a much better looking guy (who I know she is also interested in).

I found the snapchats she sent because my friends showed them to me. She just sent a load to all my friend saying how much I loved her.

I just realised that she saved her number in my phone so I think Ill just text her later. I will just feel awkward when I see her around if it turns out its only when shes drunk or something like that?

• Advertisement

Do people use snapchat as a genuine and valid form of communication? Weird.

Look, she was into you that night - she dropped you more than enough hints that she wanted something to happen, but it didn't due to alcohol. We've all been there, don't worry.

Just text her.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Jack Skellington

Hey guys,

Its the OP here.

I know in my head that I should just ask her out, but I just feel like I cant. The longer Im leaving it the more Im wussing out. She stopped replying to my snapchats, and I would be competing with a much better looking guy (who I know she is also interested in).

I found the snapchats she sent because my friends showed them to me. She just sent a load to all my friend saying how much I loved her.

I just realised that she saved her number in my phone so I think Ill just text her later. I will just feel awkward when I see her around if it turns out its only when shes drunk or something like that?

I can't help but think that even if you asked her out and she said yes you'd still fob it off as her just being nice or not wanting to hurt your feelings or something, you've got to have a bit of confidence man, or else you'll let this slip and in the future you'll look back and kick yourself because all the positive signs are there.

It seems like she's done everything to get close to you apart from asking you out herself, you've got to ask her if you want this to happen.

Even if she says no who cares? At least you'll know for sure and you can move on. Being nervous about asking someone out is fine, but letting it drag out for ages is just agonising :o

Advertisement